Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Is There Ever A Time When Killing A Child Is "Merciful"?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:23 PM
  • 12 Replies

Mom Charged With Killing 8-Year-Old Son Says It Was a Mercy Killing

Posted by Jeanne Sager

crime sceneWhen Jude, an 8-year-old boy with special needs, was found in a hotel room in February, foaming at the mouth after apparently ingesting a fatal dose of pills, cops said his mother was responsible for the child's death. Now Gigi Jordan is admitting it. The wealthy Manhattan mom told the Daily News in a lengthy exclusive that she killed her own child, but she wants the world to forgive her ... because it was a "mercy killing."

I know. You're thinking what I thought. How is killing an 8-year-old boy merciful? Was he dying of some horrific disease or something?

The answer is no. Jude had an autism diagnosis, which his mom says wasn't quite right, but otherwise he was physically OK.

It's his mom who seems off her rocker -- or at least seems to want us to think she is. Gigi Jordan told the newspaper that the boy's father, her second husband, Emil Tzekov, had been sexually abusing Jude since he was a baby. Cops say there is nothing to back up her claims, but that's Gigi's story, and she's sticking to it. She also says her first husband, Ray Mirra, was trying to have her killed. She needed to protect Jude.

So what's a gal to do? Run away and start a new life with her child in some godforsaken town where no one knows you? Get some therapy for herself and her child? Tell the cops her good-for-nothing ex-husband wants to have her killed?

Any of those would have made good sense here. Any of them would have been better alternatives than what Gigi Jordan says she did -- which is kill Jude and plan her suicide (which, obviously didn't happen). Any of them would have been MERCIFUL.

And yet, the story Gigi Jordan tells this week just blows the mind. Here we have a woman confessing that she killed her own child, and she actually wants America to believe she did it for his own sake. I know I'm not buying it ... how about you?

Is there ever a time when killing a child is "merciful?"

by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abmaddox1981
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:25 PM
This is total bullshit!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I can't read the article because it will upset me too badly, but yes, there are times when it is merciful.  Don't judge until you have been in a situation where you have to make that decision.

SuperLooneyMom
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:30 PM

In this case, I don't think that it was, but I can't say that it never would be because I haven't been put in every situation that there is to be put in.

Barabell
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:26 AM

In that case, I don't think it was warranted (just reading this article). It seems like the mother needs professional help.

fineyouguyswin
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I'm torn if it ever could be I suppose if done in a hospital setting I could see euthanasia because no one should have to suffer a terminal disease. and I get this moms frustrations autistic children can be quite a challenge but never deserve to die.

elkmomma
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:13 PM

In this case absolutely NO it was not understandable by any means even if she is / was mentally ill.  However, I can imagine scenarios where it might be under extreme and dire circumstances ... Thanx Hollywood

megannelove
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Bullshit that poor boy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firefly63701
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Quoting fineyouguyswin:

I'm torn if it ever could be I suppose if done in a hospital setting I could see euthanasia because no one should have to suffer a terminal disease. and I get this moms frustrations autistic children can be quite a challenge but never deserve to die.

They can be challenging but this "mother" just didnt seem to want to deal with it.

Dabberdoo
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I think there are times when death might be more merciful.  (Not in this situation.)  But I still believe that God is the giver and taker of life and it isn't our call as to when that life should end.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN