Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

OT - hahahah!! Don't be one of these parents!

Posted by   + Show Post

I have mentioned several times that I'm a college advisor.  Well, right now we are doing a 4 week orientation (like a summer bridge) for almost 200 incoming freshmen.  My coworker and I were talking about our experiences so far and we were laughing at lunch.  These are some of the things we heard from parents when they arrived on Saturday:

- Who is going to be waking them up?

- Who is going to be doing their laundry?

- Who is going to be taking them to their classes?

- You mean parents don't stay after the students check-in?

- Who is going to be making his bed?

- We got his room, I made his bed, I put his clothes away....is there anything else I should do before I leave?

Please don't be one of these parents when your child goes off to college!!! hahaha

by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Replies (21-30):
babygirl_1012
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I expect my daughter to be doing all of this by 10 on her own. Although she is consistant already with making her own bed. That is very sad! lol

minimo77
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Yah, if parents would stop letting their kids rule the house at such a young age, and doing everything for them, maybe they wouldnt be so useless in the real world LOL

LucyHarper
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm a commuter college student, a lot of my friends at school live on campus. You wouldn't believe how many students I had to give demonstrations to on how to do their laundry, because they had never done it before. I especially love it when students call me irresponsible or immature because I chose to get married young and to have kids young, and yet these same people can't make their own beds, do their laundry, or wake up without mommy whispering the wake up song in their ear.

misstaylor85
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I wont be I plan on doing a drive by, I will throw their bags out the door and kick their butts out while still rolling lol. JK I dread the day my babies are leaving but honestly if my kid can't walk themselves to class, do there own laundry or make a bed they have some serious issues.

Daniel0726
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:50 AM

At my place of employment, we had a new employees mom show up with him on his first day of work and he is in his twenties.

Christmaslver68
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:55 AM

oh my our 5 and 10 year olds do these things already; yes I wake them up sometimes but mostly they get up on their own and make their bed when they get up; they help with the laundry(loading and unloading washer and dryer, folding and putting their clothes away); as far as taking them to their classes they do that themselves also.

dragonqueen
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Whatever happened to teaching life skills?

GMom2011
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I believe it, I've heard of people bringing their parents to interviews. Ummm, yea....

Quoting Daniel0726:

At my place of employment, we had a new employees mom show up with him on his first day of work and he is in his twenties.

Reina13
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Okay this was too funny.

randomosityblog
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:05 PM

LMAO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN