Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Off Topic, How do you budget your money?

Posted by   + Show Post

I need some ideas on how to create a budget plan and get my husband on board with it? mostly, how do I get my husband on board with it?????  If it was just me, we wouldn't have any money problems. We may not have anything left over at the end of the month, but he also would not be negative at the end of the month, either, which he often is (we have separate accounts for ths exact reason. he will spend us out of money and not realize it, so i keep the money i make in order t be able to buy groceries and pay for car insurance on  my car).  How can I get him on board with creating a budget so we aren't losin on on a significant chunk of money every month to overdraft fees? this is getting out of hand.

by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Replies (11-13):
TempestRayne
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 5:09 PM
His name
Quoting fineyouguyswin:

lilpep100
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 6:09 PM

We don't use any credit, except for the cars (which we didn't do until 2 years ago). If I want it, I best be able to pay cash or I don't NEED it then. 

We just pay bills, and try to moderate our extra spending... do we REALLY need another new tv? Do we NEED that upgrade? If we don't have enough extra for me to feel comfy, then we don't go out to eat... a restaurant is usually about $50 for us, so I wont go if I don't have enough for an emergency. 

MidwestMama55
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Have you ever read any books by Dave Ramsey?  He is wonderful and got us on track years ago with our financial matters.  I used the books alone but many churches offer classes you and your husband can attend to teach the principles (and why they are important - sounds like your hubby needs this). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN