Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Halloween costumes

Posted by   + Show Post
Do your kids know what they want to be?

Do you dress up?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Replies (11-17):
M4LG5
by Valeri on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Quoting wenchmommy381:

The boys have been talking about being the Avengers (Thor, Hulk, and Captain America-- oldest to youngest).

I have the worst time finding costumes that don't have weapons-- the boys aren't allowed to bring them to school for obvious reasons. And I used to be able to make their costumes, but now they want the cheap crap from the store. Sigh... I made the best Three Musketeers outfits one year... and I'm not a crafty person!

If I can make their costume (i sew a little) cheaper than buy it....I will.  The first Halloween with the twins, I think I spent over $80 on costumes.  I told myself that I will NEVER pay that much so I spent time every year sewing costumes for at least 1-2 of them (one time, all 3).

TempestRayne
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:35 PM

They know what they want, and sometimes I do dress up.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I don't think the boys know yet, although I've hinted to ds2 that I'm pretty sure his Army Commando costume from last yr will still fit. Dd wants wear a Barbie dress-up outfit I just got her at a garage sale.

As for me, sometimes I dress up, sometimes I don't- it just depends on my mood that yr.

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Sep. 11, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Lexie has been Abby from NCIS for the last two or three years. Her friends dressed as NCIS characters, too. This year she's not sure what she wants to do--she's considering being Charlotte from Private Practice, and her friends would be other docs from the show. (They all watch it.)

Alexis Emma 10-13-1999 - 12 years old
Kirsten Leslie 03-14-2004 - 8 years old
Sarah Mackenzie 08-14-2007 - 5 years old
Charlotte Amelia & Harmon David 04-12-2012 - 20 weeks old

abctexan
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 12:58 AM

My hubby, daughter (3wks tomorrow!), and I are dressing up as the Flintstones this year. Him- Fred, my daughter- Pebbles, and me- Wilma. We are super excited!

cocoroo
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:16 AM
That's what my 11 yo son wants to be. He has a dress shirt, a tie and his fedora.

Quoting Cindy18:

I think my oldest and youngest are going as Mobsters because they both have a fedora.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I don't dress up and my kids haven't mentioned Halloween.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN