Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Poll

Question: Do you agree or disagree?

Options:

agree

disagree

other(please explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 23

View Results

by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Replies (21-27):
TempestRayne
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 11:59 AM
2 moms liked this

meh, she publicly humiliated herself. Since she made a fool of herself in public, she was corrected in public. That seems reasonable to me.

Quoting cocoroo:

I'm not really a fan of public humiliation.

brandi185
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

agree.

Quoting TempestRayne:

meh, she publicly humiliated herself. Since she made a fool of herself in public, she was corrected in public. That seems reasonable to me.

Quoting cocoroo:

I'm not really a fan of public humiliation.

Mz.Lafie665
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 5:47 PM

I agree.  I don't think kids realize what they are doing when they post those pictures.  A lot of people think he's wrong for whipping her and he should talk to her, and I agree that he should talk to her.  But those pictures had to have been pretty bad for him to go as far as the sign and giving his phone number. 

If I catch my DD texting, posting, or taking any inappropriate pictures, all electronics will be GONE and depending on the severity she might get spanked as well.  You never know who is watching! Things you post are forever, even after you push the delete button.  Perverts, family, future employers are all included in the potential audience.

psych_mom
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 5:58 PM
That is true.

Quoting kmrtigger:

Quoting psych_mom:

My kids have gotten a spanking before but when their lives are at stake. I agree with taking all forms of electronics and making sure she doesn't own slutty looking clothes.

But how are we sure it's the clothing? It says pictures. Nothing about what she had on in the pictures. Maybe it was how she was posing in the pictures that made her look like that to her father.

I agree with taking all forms of electronics from her. And talking to her about her actions and what ifs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rogue35
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:16 AM
I think she should be grounded for a long time. I don't think spanking a kid solves the problem.
laparla
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:12 AM

I wouldn't do it myself, but I don't object to other parents disciplining their children in their own way.  I certainly agree with the "whooping" anyway.  lol

mostlymaydays
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:29 AM
I'm very apprehensive about the PHONE NUMBER posted at the bottom of her sign. I think that dad is also inviting some arguments about this. And the area code is in my state of Ohio, next county. I do agree that this needs to be handled with great seriousness. At the very least she'd lose her phone and Internet access. My kids don't do fb yet but when they do, I will need their passwords so they are aware that ey can't just hide their posts with filters blocking us parents. I don't intend to log onto their pages, but they need to be afraid I might! If my kids get into this kind of trouble, their friends will hear about it, and my kids would be embarrassed enough by that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)