Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Do you take trips without your kids?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 6:43 PM
  • 179 Replies

Do you and your dh/SO take trips without your kids? How often? If not, why not?

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband and I just got back from our anniversary trip without the kids. We left last Saturday. We will normally take a 2-3 day trip once or twice a year without them but this year we wanted to do something special for our 5 year anniversary so we took a longer trip. I missed them terribly but I also had a lot of fun just spending time with my husband.

JakobLukasMom
by Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 6:51 PM
I wish! We've only been on one adult vacay, a trip to Cozumel for our 5th anni. We've been married 15 years! Didnt have a honeymoon either. We've just never had money. And all of our family vacays have been to see family and then we take side trips during. We went to visit family in PA last summer and went Niagara Falls overnight. We went to Cali to visit family and stayed at Disneyland overnight. That kind of thing. However we do occasionally go to a b&b or hotel overnight (like once every couple years).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zamaria
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Rarely, and only for a night or two.y youngest is only two, so maybe when he's older we can go away alone for a real vacation. But for now, family vacations are good!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Even a night away can be nice. We normally go to places that are really close by because they are cheaper than the places that are far away.

Quoting JakobLukasMom:

I wish! We've only been on one adult vacay, a trip to Cozumel for our 5th anni. We've been married 15 years! Didnt have a honeymoon either. We've just never had money. And all of our family vacays have been to see family and then we take side trips during. We went to visit family in PA last summer and went Niagara Falls overnight. We went to Cali to visit family and stayed at Disneyland overnight. That kind of thing. However we do occasionally go to a b&b or hotel overnight (like once every couple years).

psych_mom
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:34 PM

If my kids were that young I couldn't leave them either.

Quoting Zamaria:

Rarely, and only for a night or two.y youngest is only two, so maybe when he's older we can go away alone for a real vacation. But for now, family vacations are good!

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:36 PM
2 moms liked this
Vacations, no. Only because dh gets a vacation so rarely, we prefer to spend the time together as a family. I've gone to visit my dad before without the kids, when they were younger and it was a hassle to fly with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SahmTam
by Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:51 PM

We go away for our anniversary every year. Usually just overnight one night, but 4 years ago for our 10th anniversary we took a long weekend.

psych_mom
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:57 PM

If we would have known that my husband's schedule was going to work out the way that it did this year, we would may have been the same way. It was strange not having them with us for a week, but we did take them on a two week vacation last year and I am sure- very sure that it will be awhile before we get away for another week long vacation without kids, lol. My husband actually gets 3 paid weeks a year, but he's in management now, so we will be taking a 1-2 night trip in the spring and fall with just us and a family vacation in the summer with the kids from now on. Thankfully his work has a vacation buy back so he can just cash the extra days in that he doesn't use.

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

Vacations, no. Only because dh gets a vacation so rarely, we prefer to spend the time together as a family. I've gone to visit my dad before without the kids, when they were younger and it was a hassle to fly with them.

psych_mom
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Our anniversary after this year will be just one-two nights... until our 10th and we are arguing about Ireland or Finland, lol. The thing is, we have to take the kids with us to either one because we promised, lol.

Quoting SahmTam:

We go away for our anniversary every year. Usually just overnight one night, but 4 years ago for our 10th anniversary we took a long weekend.

SuperLooneyMom
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:50 PM
My dh and i just did a dinner cruise and a night stay in sf for our 10th anniversary two weeks ago. It was amazing not thinking of the kids.

We of course haven't been away from all of the kids since August 31 2002 when we went on our honeymoon. So it was a real treat and our marriage is better since our getaway. It was great not thinking about the kids things and we focused on us. And our love
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)