Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

They want MORE????? (PIOG)

Posted by   + Show Post

Just when I thought I was done spending money between school supplies, new school clothes, two simultaneous fundraisers, two different picture days, music fees, theater fees, uniform fees and more........I just got a letter from the school saying they are still in need of hand sanitizer, contruction paper, general school and office supplies (seriously, what is that....pens, paperclips, computer????), art supplies (paper plates, paper towels, magazines, wrapping paper, ribbon, yarn, string, scrapbooking paper, crayons, glue, water color, markers, colored pencils and glitter).

Just can't afford much more.

Is/are your school(s) still asking for stuff?

by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Replies (21-21):
GotSomeKids
by Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Trash sacks?  Wow, that is the crasiest thing I've heard.  I can stock up for the entire year at Costco for $13. 

My sons fundraiser is cookie dough and a few other food items, and local vendor coupons.  But, we looked at them and in order to recoup, we'd have to eat out everyday and we don't want to do that.

Quoting Zamaria:

Our school hasn't asked for anymore supplies, but the fundraisers are insane this year. My youngest has been selling soup and bread mixes. They are 8-10$ each. Nobody wants to buy them. My oldest is selling trash bags. Yes. Trash bags. For 10$ a roll. They sent a sample home, and they are really pathetic trash bags. Nobody wants to buy those either. I think coffee would sell really well here, and the elementary school sells fresh herbs every year, that the students grow themselves, this year they are working in the greenhouse and will be selling tomatoes, green beans, carrots, etc. and I think those will go really well. I've often said that they should have the older students create some artwork and have an auction for it. That would go over really well here. They need to get the students involved and growing/making their own items instead of selling silly stuff that doesn't give them much profit and
nobody wants.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)