Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans
I never thought I'd have to deal with one of my dds not likin their body so young. It breaks my heart to know she is made fun of because of her size. She doesn't eat at school and comes home starving. She wants to exercise and run to loose weight in order to fit in. Apparently if you can't see your bones you're fat. How do I build up her confidence to where she was once at?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Replies (11-14):
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with getting her involved with a sport, as that usually does increase your self esteem and knowledge about keeping your body healthy and fit.

GotSomeKids
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Does the school have a mentoring program?  Last year, Ema's school had a mentoring program where once a month, the highschool girls came to the elementary school and talked to the younger girls about various things including health and beauty (supervised by a teacher).

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

She's about to be 10. There were girls at her school that have a P&s group (pretty & skinny) and she's nt allowed in it bc she's too "fat". It's all sad. :(

Quoting AMartin81:

How old is she? My daughter is 10 and never felt bad about herself until two girls at school told her she was fat now she worries all the time. It's so sad that girls do this to each other.

MIMIBRIE
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:50 PM
No they don't! I wish they did though! That seems like something we need here!

Quoting GotSomeKids:

Does the school have a mentoring program?  Last year, Ema's school had a mentoring program where once a month, the highschool girls came to the elementary school and talked to the younger girls about various things including health and beauty (supervised by a teacher).

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

She's about to be 10. There were girls at her school that have a P&s group (pretty & skinny) and she's nt allowed in it bc she's too "fat". It's all sad. :(

Quoting AMartin81:

How old is she? My daughter is 10 and never felt bad about herself until two girls at school told her she was fat now she worries all the time. It's so sad that girls do this to each other.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GotSomeKids
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Put a bug in someones ear.  The teacher who ran it for us last year actually got the idea from the news, except it was for boys.  She thought, wow, we don't have that for girls and got it started at our school.

Good luck!!!

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

No they don't! I wish they did though! That seems like something we need here!

Quoting GotSomeKids:

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

Quoting AMartin81:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)