Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

13 year old school bullying?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:58 AM
  • 11 Replies

My daughter Maggie is 13 and as usually happy and bouncing around glad to play with her little sister. Untill today when she got off the bus teary and crying. I guessed typical teen drama. right? well, aparently at school some girl has been bullying her. And this is scary to me, since this is her body we're talkin about. she says the girl laughs at her and points when they cahnge for gym. she tells her she's a little kid because she doesn't wear a bra yet and her boobs show through her shirt. she was sooo mortifyed! what do I do? should I get her a bra so she feels more confident?

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nebcutie
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Girls can be so mean! I would do a sports bra or something anyways just to cover under the shirt and to get used to wearing a bra.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjande4
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Get her a bra.

Barabell
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Yes, get her the bra.

I'm sorry she's going through this.

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:32 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree, go shopping for a bra or two or three this weekend.  If you can swing it, make it a special day with just the two of you and stop for a treat after making your purchases.

I really don't understand why women are so cruel to each other.  I didn't really get boobs until I got pregnant, so age 27.  I will still remember a girl from my HS seeing me a few years later and saying that she was so happy to see that I finally got a boob job.  Let's just say that I was a little mad over that comment.

psych_mom
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Definitely get her a bra or two. So sorry that she is having this girl be so mean to her.

kerryanneo
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:37 PM

This is so awful.  I'd buy her a bra or even a sports bra like the other mama suggested but during bra shopping you and her are going to have to have a serious discussion about how she going to deal with this bullying.   Ugh, middle school girls are vicious.  So sorry to hear about this and will send out positive thoughts for you and your daughter.  Hang in there!

TempestRayne
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Quoting psych_mom:

Definitely get her a bra or two. So sorry that she is having this girl be so mean to her.

lazyd
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Sorry, but my daughter is in the same boat.  Girls are pointing at her and talkin about her to her face and behind her back.  My daughter is gettin bullied a lot and she is even switching schools cuz of it.  Girls are very mean!  Sorry but it wont get any better! 

girlsclubmom
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:22 PM

So sorry - girls are awful to eachother in middle school. There are some who just need the drama - I am sorry they are making your kid life so hard. 

Rogue35
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:25 PM
I would get her a bra. Hugs to you and your daughter. I am sorry she is going through that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)