Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

13 year old school bullying?

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter Maggie is 13 and as usually happy and bouncing around glad to play with her little sister. Untill today when she got off the bus teary and crying. I guessed typical teen drama. right? well, aparently at school some girl has been bullying her. And this is scary to me, since this is her body we're talkin about. she says the girl laughs at her and points when they cahnge for gym. she tells her she's a little kid because she doesn't wear a bra yet and her boobs show through her shirt. she was sooo mortifyed! what do I do? should I get her a bra so she feels more confident?

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Replies (11-11):
Quantumnerd
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I think the bully is jealous of your daughter in some way.  Bullying is horrible and very serious.  I don't want to alarm you but constant bullying causes kids that are bullied to do drastic things, like suicide. I would definately take care of this immediately.  I would talk to the school principal. 

Of course by her a bra, but then the bully could even tease her about that because it's like she is giving in to the bully.  I would also go over some things your daughter can say back to the bully, not bullying back but retorts that will make the bully get laughed at and maybe back down.  But not make your daughter look like a bully.  Also teach her to laugh at bullys.  If only kids would stand up as a group to bullies there would be less bullies.  But when your young a bully takes so much power from a person.  And it's a really a frightening situation for a child.  I would definately contact the bullies parents to.  I just hope this works out,  it could effect your daughters school work, her attendance, her self esteem.  Good Luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN