Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Last child is 10 and she is developing but on one side only

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:09 AM
  • 6 Replies

I HAVE RAISED SO FAR 3 GROWN DAUGHTERS THEY ARE 32,32,29 AND I HAVE A 13 YR OLD SON AND A 10 YR OLD GIRL....NOW MY GIRL IS GETTING ARMPIT HAIR, AND PUBIC HAIR WHICH IS NORMAL I STARTED PERIOD AT 9 YR OLD....HOWEVER...I HONESTLY DONT REMEBER BUT SHE HAS ONE BREAST GROWING AND THE OTHER APPEARS TO NOT BE GROWING....IS THIS NORMAL.....WITH MY FIRST DAUGHTER I TOOK HER TO DR WHEN SHE HAD LUMP AND WAS TOLD SHE WAS GROWING BREASTS WAS SO EMBARASSED....SO I DONT WANT TO RELIVE THAT......ANYONE KNOW?

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Zamaria
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Well, if one side isn't developing at all, I would see a doctor. Probably nothing to worry about, but better safe than sorry. If one side just isn't as large as the other, that's normal. My sister had that. She still has one breast that's larger than the other. Most women do, it's just not noticeable in some cases. I actually have one that is slightly larger than the other, and I have less armpit hair on that side too. I thought it was possibly a pcos symptom, since I do have pcos, but the doctor told me that it's pretty common and not a symptom of anything, just the way your body develops. My son has less pit hair on one side too. Just keep an eye on it for a couple of months and see what happens. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Quoting Zamaria:

Well, if one side isn't developing at all, I would see a doctor. Probably nothing to worry about, but better safe than sorry. If one side just isn't as large as the other, that's normal.

I agree with this.

TempestRayne
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Quoting Barabell:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
TempestRayne
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:32 AM
http://life.familyeducation.com/puberty/growth-and-development/42265.html

This says it is normal, but that if it goes on longer than six months, you should talk to her doctor.
Lorena
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:01 AM
My 10 yr old girl and 14 yr old biy both had this so I freaked out and took them in. The Dr said that it is normal. But I wiuld keep an eye in it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Keep an eye out as the other ladies said and if she doesn't start developing on that side get her checked out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)