Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

What's happening this weekend?

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Replies (11-20):
psych_mom
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM

It did yesterday. I am hoping it stays away today as well. We are still waiting for them to decide to unplug the life support. The doctors said when they do if he makes it he will not recover and will remain in a vegetative state for the rest of his life. He had a basilar artery aneurysm which is the same artery that I have issues with. Now I need to get with my neurologist and make sure that we do everything that we can to prevent anything like this from happening to me because this is also the same thing that killed my grandfather.

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting psych_mom:

Lots of school work... gotta get caught up in statistics.

Good luck with the work. Did your migraine go away? Any updates on your uncle?

Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I'm sorry that your family has had a history of this and that you are affected by it too. I hope that your uncle does pass peacefully, instead of being in a vegetative state. I also hope the doctor has some more information for you. HUGS

Quoting psych_mom:

It did yesterday. I am hoping it stays away today as well. We are still waiting for them to decide to unplug the life support. The doctors said when they do if he makes it he will not recover and will remain in a vegetative state for the rest of his life. He had a basilar artery aneurysm which is the same artery that I have issues with. Now I need to get with my neurologist and make sure that we do everything that we can to prevent anything like this from happening to me because this is also the same thing that killed my grandfather.

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting psych_mom:

Lots of school work... gotta get caught up in statistics.

Good luck with the work. Did your migraine go away? Any updates on your uncle?

4kidsmommy
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Looking forward to putting out Halloween decor with my kiddos.
Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:29 PM

BUMP!

wakymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Our town is having a Day Of Safety tomorrow, so we'll go to that for awhile. Ds2 has a b-day party to go to at an indoor trampoline place in the afternoon. Sunday will be church, and then someone in the neighborhood is having a Tupperware open house I'd like to go to.

Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:01 AM

What is Day of Safety for?

Everything sounds like fun. Definitely a good weekend. :-)

Quoting wakymom:

Our town is having a Day Of Safety tomorrow, so we'll go to that for awhile. Ds2 has a b-day party to go to at an indoor trampoline place in the afternoon. Sunday will be church, and then someone in the neighborhood is having a Tupperware open house I'd like to go to.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Soccer games and I need to work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I think most places call it a Safety Fair. The police and fire have their trucks out, the fire dept. has a Fire Safety House there and demo how they cut cars in bad accidents (use junkers from accidents donated by a local towing comp.), and the police did a K-9 demo. A few local businesses, a church, and the Humane Society had tables/boothes set up, and there was a cornhole (beanbag toss) game set up. Too bad it was so chilly this a.m., and was the same morning as our elem's Dad's Club Pancake breakfast and the next town over's fire dept pancake breakfast- we didn't have a very big turn-out : (

Quoting Barabell:

What is Day of Safety for?

Everything sounds like fun. Definitely a good weekend. :-)

Quoting wakymom:

birdandchicks
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Oh my gosh. We took the kids caving today while we were at the cabin. It was awesome! Two hours under ground with headlamps in the mud. Bonus is that they took a nap when we got back to the cabin! What the heck? They never do that.
Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Quoting birdandchicks:

Oh my gosh. We took the kids caving today while we were at the cabin. It was awesome! Two hours under ground with headlamps in the mud. Bonus is that they took a nap when we got back to the cabin! What the heck? They never do that.

Dang, that sounds like fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)