Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

How is your tween doing in school so far this year?

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM
  • 36 Replies

Any progress reports or report cards yet?

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ksrsmommy
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:27 AM

7th grade has been tough so far! She's holding steady with mostly A's, just stressing with lots of homework and tests. I hope it slows down, at least in the next grades. Kids burn out this way, it's too much!

M4LG5
by Valeri on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:18 PM

We have parent-teacher conferences for all the girls today so we'll see how it's going.  From what i can tell by what she is bringing home, she is doing pretty well.  She has scored 100% on all her spelling tests and have received As and Bs on her vocabulary and math tests so far. 

As for my twins, they are in 1st and seem to be on track but no real "grades" are given.

Barabell
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I can check them online, but I'm not positive how current the information is. One class says he has a C, but it's due to an assignment saying it's missing but I know he turned it in. He says he's talked to the teacher about it.

The rest of the classes are As or high Bs.

4kidsmommy
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Nope not yet. But it was a huge adjustment for her. I think she is finally getting the hang of it.
cowboysgirl3227
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:02 PM

She is doing very well in everything except she is struggling with spelling still.  That seems to be where she struggles and I am so concerned about it.  I plan to talk to her teacher when we have parent/teacher meetings in about 2 weeks. 

cocoroo
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:03 PM
My son gets his first progress report today. I check his grades weekly online. He has straight A's. My dd who is a freshman also has straight A's. I'm not sure how my 5th grader is doing. They don't get A's and B's. It is competency based.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
birdandchicks
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Surprisingly well so far.  I'm always anxious at what the next year is going to bring.

One of my twins is steady eddy and I never worry.  She'll do the work needed to get the job done.

Now my other girl is up and down and all around.  I never know what I'm going to get. I got her an IEP this year because we've had adhd type issues with her in the past.  I don't know if the IEP is working or if she's just gotten more confident but she's doing really well in school.  I almost wish I hadn't put the IEP in place.

JakobLukasMom
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM
No report cards yet but I check his grades online daily and so far all A 's except one B. This is a huge improvement as last year he had a really rough transition to 6th Grade. It's still early in the school year, but he seems to be settling into middle school now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babujai
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM

He's doing really well.  He was having a little trouble in Social Studies, but I think that'll get better with all the reading help he's getting.

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

Lorena
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM
My ds is in 9th and it has been really hard but is pulling straight A's. My middle school ds's also have straight A's. My 10 yr old is mostly c's and B's even though she can do better. (she is my super smart one) my 9 yr old sd is having some difficulties she is pulling C's and B's but it is really hard for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)