Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Those with Tween Daughters..

Posted by   + Show Post

Do they have a subscription to any fashion magazines?

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Replies (21-30):
ROBIN-C
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:30 PM

mine is 9 and gets 'girls life' in the mail. i ordered it through her school magazine fundraiser last year. she loves it and pours over it when it arrives. she circles so much on every page that i cant even read what she has circled, lol!

melissam78
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Yea it's called whatever looks good at the checkout lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellasdesserts
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:56 AM

No she's not interested.  What the kid sare wearing in school is her fashion magazine!

RachaelMommy3
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Nope, no subscription to any fashion magazines, she hasn't shown much interest in getting one and to be honest I like that she prefers reading books.

Queenahrts
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:33 AM

nooooo absolutely not. she already thinks she's fat, that would put her over the edge and I refuse to subject her to that.

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Seventeen

Alexis Emma 10-13-1999 - 12 years old
Kirsten Leslie 03-14-2004 - 8 years old
Sarah Mackenzie 08-14-2007 - 5 years old
Charlotte Amelia & Harmon David 04-12-2012 - 6 months old

jphil77
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Teen Vogue.....does she really read it?  Hardly ever.  Only if someone she likes is on the cover.  The subscription was a gift.

bunnywzrd
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:42 AM

No, and I won't let her. I don't want her thinking that that is how she is supposed to look and dress. Fashion magazines create a lot of image problems with young girls.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:42 AM
I know as a mother of boys I shouldn't be here. I just wanted to comment that I find it interesting that many Cafe Mom members have boys with magazine subscriptions, but not many girls. Or maybe it's just the "fashion" magazines that the girls are not subscribed to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Quoting diaperstodating:

I know as a mother of boys I shouldn't be here. I just wanted to comment that I find it interesting that many Cafe Mom members have boys with magazine subscriptions, but not many girls. Or maybe it's just the "fashion" magazines that the girls are not subscribed to.

I am a mom of all boys and I was thinking the same thing. Although a few I mentioned aren't full of fashion. One of them helps girls talk about issues at school and other girl things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)