Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

How would you do door-to-door sales?

This isn't a discussion about whether you'd do them at all or not but how you'd handle them IF your child did them.

He's 9yo.

Would you go to the door with them, and go inside with them if the need for that comes up?

Make them go to the door alone and insist they DON'T go inside at all?

Stand behind them where you can be seen by the person AT the door, but so your child could give the sales speech alone?

Or just hang back on the sidewalk where you can kind of see them?

What are your thoughts on the best way to handle this?

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:10 PM
Replies (11-16):
Wyldbutterfly
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:51 AM

I would stand behind them where I could be seen.

Quantumnerd
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Go door to door with him and stay with him, I wouldn't let him enter the home, not even people you think you know some, too many child predators.  Good Luck.   I would stand by him too, just in case. 

Rogue35
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Quoting psych_mom:

I'd go with them and stand back on the side walk. Only stay in my immediate neighborhood and not let them go into any houses except for people that we know well.

I agree with this and I feel there is no reason they need to go inside the persons house.
Rogue35
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:49 AM
I hate door to door sales I think it is easier if they let them sale candy bars. That way a parent can take it to work and sell it.
Maries_Mom23
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I'd be with them.  I'd maybe stay on the sidewalk while they rang the doorbell. And we only go in people's houses we know.  

PurplePieguy
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:52 AM

I'd go to the door with them, but let them do the talking. And, we wouldn't go into anyone's house unless we knew them.

That said, the only door to door selling my kids do are for Girl Scouts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)