Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Hoilday meals who cooks?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:28 AM
  • 21 Replies
At my house I do. My mom makes a little bit of the food but I mainly cook. I start the day before. It really wears you out when you are done. But you have a yummy meal and leaft overs.
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bleumonster
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Not me LOL. Half the time I work on the holiday anyway and my kids go to friends or relatives. The rest of the time we go to someone's house or just do a special meal together but not usually turkey or ham.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM
We split it. I do the turkey for thanksgiving and everyone brings stuff and my mom does the ham for Christmas and everyone brings stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rogue35
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Quoting bleumonster:

Not me LOL. Half the time I work on the holiday anyway and my kids go to friends or relatives. The rest of the time we go to someone's house or just do a special meal together but not usually turkey or ham.

That sounds so nice.
Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:36 AM

My husband usually cooks for Christmas.

He will sometimes cook Thanksgiving, and sometimes we'll go to my mom's house or my aunt's house.

Lorena
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:03 AM
We go to my mil's for all holidays. But when we have it at our house for my family dh and I cook togeather.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4000
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I do. For quite a few years we always spent holidays at my dad's house and he cooked. My brother and I would bring a side or a dessert, but he cooked the main meal. We all had a falling out a few years ago, so now I cook for my family, sometimes we invite friends, and sometimes we host for a family in need.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:12 AM

yeah....not me.  I may bring a side dish or dessert.....or the napkins and plates. haha

TJFBGMommy
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:27 AM

For Thanksgiving we normally just have pizza since we don't go anywhere and I don't like traditional Thanksgiving foods. For Christmas I normally just bring something easy. My mom and sister don't like my cooking (I don't blame them). But now that my husband and I are vegan, we're going to have to rethink our plans. 

brandi185
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:40 AM

i do all of the cooking unless we have guests then my mil or dh's cousin helps.  i never handle the turkey though.  i have an irrational fear of touching raw, whole birds.  i had a full blown anxiety fit a few years ago while preparing the turkey for the overnight brine.  so now dh rinses, holds, and moves it while i do things to it.  

justcyarra
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:41 AM

we usually have a party with close to 50 people and I cook everything

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)