Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Hoilday meals who cooks?

Posted by   + Show Post
At my house I do. My mom makes a little bit of the food but I mainly cook. I start the day before. It really wears you out when you are done. But you have a yummy meal and leaft overs.
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
VickyJoJo
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:37 PM

For Thanksgiving in the past, we generally go to relatives or friends so I just cook a side dish or dessert.  For Christmas, we have dinner here and I cook everything except the turkey and gravy.  My husband does that (and does a great job too). 

I am not sure what we are doing this Thanksgiving.  I don't want to travel (family is 5 hours on a good day by car) and my local friend with whom we have spent T-day at for the last couple of years is going through marital strife so we probably will not go there this year.

SuperLooneyMom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:47 PM
I would so like someone else to host t day and Xmas. This far no takers... So my dh and I do. Ok ok my husband does more. Just because he's a great cook and I burn water
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:10 PM

We take turns in my family and rotate who hosts and cooks the main dish.  Everyone always chips in to make some of the sides though.  This year, I think I am hosting Christmas, but I could be wrong.  lol  My mom keeps track of who is hosting what.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I usually do. My sister helps when she and her family get here.

I love it when my aunt and uncle can make it out here for Thanksgiving- my aunt loves to cook, and I don't, so I turn the kitchen over to her : )

TwinSoccerMom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Generally my MIL hosts and cooks the main part of the meal and the rest of us bring side items.

kmrtigger
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:13 AM
I do it all. For each holiday. And everyone except the FIL pitches to help with cleanup.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:02 AM
We live away from all of our family, so it is just myself, my dh and our children. I do all of the cooking. My 10 yo dd helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GotSomeKids
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I do 90% of the cooking almost every year.

bhow
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:54 AM

me, both, no doubts.

HamsterandCow
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:10 AM
My younger sister, who somehow has some mad kitchen skills, does the cooking! I am happy to host (clean like a maniac, get settings for 14, grocery shop). She is an amazing, part Martha Stewart part Paula Deen chef :) believe me, I get the good end of this deal!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)