Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hoilday meals who cooks?

Posted by   + Show Post
At my house I do. My mom makes a little bit of the food but I mainly cook. I start the day before. It really wears you out when you are done. But you have a yummy meal and leaft overs.
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
VickyJoJo
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:37 PM

For Thanksgiving in the past, we generally go to relatives or friends so I just cook a side dish or dessert.  For Christmas, we have dinner here and I cook everything except the turkey and gravy.  My husband does that (and does a great job too). 

I am not sure what we are doing this Thanksgiving.  I don't want to travel (family is 5 hours on a good day by car) and my local friend with whom we have spent T-day at for the last couple of years is going through marital strife so we probably will not go there this year.

SuperLooneyMom
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:47 PM
I would so like someone else to host t day and Xmas. This far no takers... So my dh and I do. Ok ok my husband does more. Just because he's a great cook and I burn water
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:10 PM

We take turns in my family and rotate who hosts and cooks the main dish.  Everyone always chips in to make some of the sides though.  This year, I think I am hosting Christmas, but I could be wrong.  lol  My mom keeps track of who is hosting what.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I usually do. My sister helps when she and her family get here.

I love it when my aunt and uncle can make it out here for Thanksgiving- my aunt loves to cook, and I don't, so I turn the kitchen over to her : )

TwinSoccerMom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Generally my MIL hosts and cooks the main part of the meal and the rest of us bring side items.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:13 AM
I do it all. For each holiday. And everyone except the FIL pitches to help with cleanup.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:02 AM
We live away from all of our family, so it is just myself, my dh and our children. I do all of the cooking. My 10 yo dd helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GotSomeKids
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I do 90% of the cooking almost every year.

bhow
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:54 AM

me, both, no doubts.

HamsterandCow
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:10 AM
My younger sister, who somehow has some mad kitchen skills, does the cooking! I am happy to host (clean like a maniac, get settings for 14, grocery shop). She is an amazing, part Martha Stewart part Paula Deen chef :) believe me, I get the good end of this deal!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)