Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Let's talk pumkins?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:31 AM
  • 12 Replies
Do you buy at the store or go to the pumkin patch? Do you carve or paint it? Tell me or show me?
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rogue35
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:32 AM
I bought mine at the store. We usually carve them the week of Halloween.
bleumonster
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:37 AM
We usually buy from the store and we have done both but my kids prefer carving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:39 AM
We bought one from the store and it's not getting cut or painted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M4LG5
by Valeri on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:23 AM

If the kids don't go on a field trip to the pumpkin patch, I'll take them to one of the places near our house.  There is one place that is like a Halloween amusement park....but having time to go is really hard.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Oh....and last year we carved it.....well, I carved most of it.  The years prior to that, the girls painted it.

brandi185
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:02 PM

we get fake carvable pumpkins and real pumpkins.  we live in houston, texas so we can't get real pumpkins for carving until about a week before halloween because they'll turn to mush.  so every year we get at least 1 fake carvable pumpkin and when halloween is over we turn them around until thanksgiving is over then we store them till next year.  we have 4 collected so far.  we still need to buy 1 for this year.  about a week before halloween we get a real pumpkin from where ever they are still available for each of us.  sometimes more.  this year for what we're doing we'll need at least 8 so we each get one and for the pumpkin man we're going to make.  we always carve pumpkins.  we even use power tools.  

RachaelMommy3
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:02 PM

We always go to the pumpkin patch to get our pumpkins, and then we carve some and paint some.

Zamaria
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:18 PM
I buy mine from a roadside stand down the street from my house. We carve them and I make pumpkin butter from the insides. Yummy! And it makes great Christmas gifts for co-workers and teachers, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:03 PM

We buy at the store. We get one big one to carve, and each kid gets a smaller one to color w/ Sharpies.

kmrtigger
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:47 PM

We do both.  Just depends on what the kids are in the mood to do each year. We carve or paint depending on mood as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN