Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Do you give out Halloween candy on trick or treat night?

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:01 AM
  • 13 Replies
If so what kind of candy do you give out? Do you give candy based on if you like the custume? Do you decorate for the big night? Tell me or post pics.
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhow
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:08 AM

usually gum and candy bars, never heard of handing out if i like the costume, I give it to all of them and yes we decorate and are planning on a haunted walk through next year, building stuff now. Last year we had a big party for the kids, it was fun, the adults I had helping dressed up.

Rogue35
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:40 AM
That sounds like fun. I have heard people say if the like the kids custume they give them better candy. If I was giving out candy I would just give it out equally.
brandi185
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:46 AM

i sit on the driveway with a cauldron style bucket full of candy and trinkets and let the kids take their pick.  they're all usually really good at just taking a couple pieces.  the bucket is usually filled with your basic fun size candy bars, mostly the popular stuff.  last year i also gave out glow bracelets.  i am planning on building a haunted walk thru for next year.  i'm waiting till we put out the pumpkin man to take pictures.  that will have to wait for a couple weeks because we use real pumpkins for that and down here in houston texas they don't really due well in the humidity.  

somuchlove4U
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:49 AM
We have in the past, but don't anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RachaelMommy3
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:12 AM

We don't give out candy because we are always out with the kids so we are not home. We do enjoy decorating the house for halloween though.

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:40 AM

No, I don't give out candy and even if I had some, no one would be knocking on my door.  That is another one of the joys of living in the country. 

I do decorate a little bit because the kids like it.

psych_mom
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:05 PM

We give out candy and it isn't based on costume. I don't decorate for Halloween, I decorate for fall.

psych_mom
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:06 PM

I am wondering if we are going to get anyone knocking on our door this year- we are the only house on our little road and no one seems to know we are here:) it is nice not ever being bothered, lol.

Quoting steelcrazy:

No, I don't give out candy and even if I had some, no one would be knocking on my door.  That is another one of the joys of living in the country. 

I do decorate a little bit because the kids like it.

wenchmommy381
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:30 PM

No one comes around to my place! I live in an apartment complex... you'd think it would be easy pickings for the kids-- go to every door, ring every doorbell. 

I take my kids to their grandparents' neighborhood, but leave some lollipops in a basket by the door. We get home, and it's obvious no one has touched them. 

wakymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM

We, or rather dh, gives out candy- I'm the one who takes the kids out trick or treating. What dh ends up doing it putting the candy in a bowl on the porch w/ a note saying "Help yourself but please leave some for others", and goes and hangs out in a neighbor's driveway w/ some other dads.

When I have been home to hand out candy (like when I was pg and didn't feel like traipsing all over the neighborhood), I gave everyone 2 pieces.

We don't rally decorate much. We have a scarecrow w/ a smiling jack o'lantern head that sits on the bench on the front porch, and a mat that screams when you step on it that we put on the step up onto the porch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN