Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have a tween boy...

Posted by   + Show Post

...would you let him get his ear pierced if he wanted to?

My 11 year old said he might want to get his ear pierced.  I've told him he has to wait until high school at least.

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Replies (21-24):
Babujai
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:28 PM
DH hardly ever wears his earring either. I usually have to request it when we're getting dressed up for a date or something.

Quoting TwinSoccerMom:

Yes.  I don't think it is any big deal.  My DH had one when we met.  He hasn't worn it in years but I didn't mind it and wouldn't mind if our son had one...or two.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

My rule is you can't pierce anything but your ears while living in my house, so if my girls can decide to pierce their ears, so can my boys. Yes, I would let him, it's only an earring.

SuperLooneyMom
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Yes we will let him when he is 18 and paying for it.

I am not a piercing/tattoo person and neither is my dh. But I'm not against others doing so
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:15 AM
Any body alterations will wait until they're are 18 & not living under my roof. That includes any kind of piercing & tattoos. I have 3 boys, but honestly I don't think any of them will ever want to.

When my brother was in high school he got his ear pierced without telling my parents. They gave him a choice - your car or the earring. Earring was GONE in a heartbeat & now that he's an adult he's grateful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)