Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Fall break???????

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:08 AM
  • 18 Replies
My kids are off for the next 2 days for a fall break. Does your kids school do this too? We also just had school pics that will be used in the yearbook. My kids are up and we are watching Tinkerbell.
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandi185
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:13 AM

my kids get the whole week of thanksgiving off.

psych_mom
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:16 AM
My kids get this Fri and next Mon off and then the whole week of Thanksgiving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TwinSoccerMom
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Wow! Seems a bit early in the school year for a break already.  But when did the start?  Our district had last Friday off but it was because they had fall conferences on Wednesday evening and Thursday afternoon and evening so it was basically a day off for the staff.  I thought that it was early for conferences as they have only been there a month (we start the day after Labor Day.)  We get just Thanksgiving and the day after off.

Fairywings1223
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Mine are fri, mon and tues for fall break
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:59 AM

No fall break here, we do get a week off around Thanksgiving.  The day before Thanksgiving and return the Wed after.  So Nov.21-27 this year.

mommatothree01
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:50 AM

My kids get the 18th and 19th off for fall break, but this is the first school we've ever had it in.  This is school #5 for us.  Growing up though, we had harvest break, that was 3 weeks off for potato harvest. 

wenchmommy381
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I never had that until college-- we would get Columbus day and the day after. 

I just ended my teaching career (at least for now) and lemme tell ya-- everyone needs a little break right about now!

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:42 PM

We do not get fall break. Mainly because they wanna get as many days of school in BEFORE  snow fall in the Winter. Or else they have less of a summer break making up missed days from the Winter snow.

cocoroo
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:46 PM
I don't think they get a fall break.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
birdandchicks
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:56 PM

We used to get two days at Columbus day.  Now they changed it to one day but the whole week of Thanksgiving.

Next year they are switching to starting school at the beginning of August and then having a week off at the in September.  I hate it!  But it may be a good time to go to Disney or something like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)