Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans
My kids are off for the next 2 days for a fall break. Does your kids school do this too? We also just had school pics that will be used in the yearbook. My kids are up and we are watching Tinkerbell.
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Replies (11-18):
M4LG5
by Valeri on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:07 PM

This year was the first time I've seen any school have a break for more than 1 day before thanksgiving.  There is a charter school that had an entire week off. 

The girls had monday off for staff development...so i understand that...but i don't understand a "break". 

wakymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:37 PM

They have off 10/19-22.

m0m23b0ys458
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:38 PM

No Fall Break here.But we do get Nov. 1st and 2nd off for Parent teacher conferences.

Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Third Thursday and Friday in Minnesota is state-wide teacher training. So there is no school, but the teachers have to work.

I took Thursday and Friday off next week, and so we'll all have a 4 day weekend! :-)

TempestRayne
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:35 AM
No fall break for us. We get a five day weekend for Thanksgiving.
VickyJoJo
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:52 PM

No fall break.  Just Columbus Day off, Veteran's Day and Thanksgiving Day and the day after.  We do have a half day here and there for Teacher Development.  I think it is fine.  School only started in late August - we don't need long breaks, just the occasional holiday between now and Winter break.

Aphrodisiac
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM

My DD is off on the 19 for fall break, it's only one day.

SahmTam
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Nope. Our school had Columbus Day off and that's it until Thanksgiving.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)