Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weekend Plans

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:01 AM
  • 23 Replies
What do you have planned for this weekend?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:14 AM

My dad is coming into town tonight, but leaving again in the morning.

My son has 3 hockey practices, and my mom asked me to watch the Vikings v Redskins game on Sunday with her.

psych_mom
by Stacy on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Sounds like busy weekend. How is your mom doing? Did your son get the team he wanted?

Quoting Barabell:

My son has 3 hockey practices, and my mom asked me to watch the Vikings v Redskins game on Sunday with her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by Stacy on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:29 AM
I have a final tonight and have more stats homework this weekend. We have a football game and dh took off to go to this game.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lullabylily
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:31 AM
I have a Greenpeace Rally on Saturday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:54 AM

My mom has been doing better, but was really frustrated and down when I talked to her last night. She got home from transitional care yesterday, and she sounded really tired. I hope she's doing better today after finally sleeping in her own bed today.

No, my son did not get the team he wanted. They put him on the lowest level team, and I'm really upset about it. He was already on that same level team last year, and his team only had two losses. He played 50% of those games too because there were only enough players for 2 defensive lines. There is no way he deserves to be on that level again this year. He needed to be placed at a higher, more challenging level. I've been sending emails back and forth all week with Board members complaining about this, and yesterday I was finally given the appeal process. The level they put him at is considered equal "rec," but we're paying association/travel level fees again. I wanted to pull him out and put in on a rec association, but then I'd loose what I paid already. So then I would end up paying the same amount in the long run. We have already decided to stay there this year, but I'm not sure if we should formally appeal this matter or not.

It's just so sad and frustrating that if your family isn't "in" the main crowd at an association that the kids get punished for it.

Quoting psych_mom:

Sounds like busy weekend. How is your mom doing? Did your son get the team he wanted?

Quoting Barabell:

wenchmommy381
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Soccer (of course), and my aunt is flying up from Ecuador tonight, so it's possible she'll come see me and the new baby sometime this weekend. I'm trying to finish cleaning my living room but I gotta tell ya-- it's not easy!

psych_mom
by Stacy on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I hope that now she is home she will be feeling somewhat better and I am sure having you come watch the game on Sunday will help.

That just sucks for your son. Sounds like a lot of favortism was going on there. He needs to be able to play for better teams as he gets older and improves so he will continue to grow and improve.

Quoting Barabell:

My mom has been doing better, but was really frustrated and down when I talked to her last night. She got home from transitional care yesterday, and she sounded really tired. I hope she's doing better today after finally sleeping in her own bed today.

No, my son did not get the team he wanted. They put him on the lowest level team, and I'm really upset about it. He was already on that same level team last year, and his team only had two losses. He played 50% of those games too because there were only enough players for 2 defensive lines. There is no way he deserves to be on that level again this year. He needed to be placed at a higher, more challenging level. I've been sending emails back and forth all week with Board members complaining about this, and yesterday I was finally given the appeal process. The level they put him at is considered equal "rec," but we're paying association/travel level fees again. I wanted to pull him out and put in on a rec association, but then I'd loose what I paid already. So then I would end up paying the same amount in the long run. We have already decided to stay there this year, but I'm not sure if we should formally appeal this matter or not.

It's just so sad and frustrating that if your family isn't "in" the main crowd at an association that the kids get punished for it.

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting Barabell:

psych_mom
by Stacy on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:04 AM

It's never easy with a tiny one. You're exhausted and just want to sleep. Enjoy your visit.

Quoting wenchmommy381:

Soccer (of course), and my aunt is flying up from Ecuador tonight, so it's possible she'll come see me and the new baby sometime this weekend. I'm trying to finish cleaning my living room but I gotta tell ya-- it's not easy!

psych_mom
by Stacy on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Have fun!

Quoting lullabylily:

I have a Greenpeace Rally on Saturday

M4LG5
by Valeri on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Tonight, Anny has a soccer game.  It's more like a scrimmage than an actual game but they are playing like it is one.  Tomorrow morning, I'm heading back to the area where I grew up.  One of my very good friends is going to be in town also so we are catching up tomorrow and hanging out with the kids.  Due to the blow up of the zipper vs. picking our battles.....DH is not going because he is being a sour face. 

we are staying the night there and coming back on Sunday.  Later on Sunday, my friends and I are celebrating our other friend's 40th birthday.....just the girls!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)