Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Are you one?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:20 PM
  • 19 Replies

Today is miscarriage, infant loss, and stillbirth remembrance day.  Are you 1 in 4 who have been impacted by this?

In loving memory of my beautiful twin boys whose time on Earth was way to short.

by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I am not one.

My heart goes out to families affected by the loss of miscarriages, infant loss, and stillbirths. I have known people that have gone through that loss, and it is extremely heartbreaking.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:49 PM

No, I'm not one.

evansmommy03
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Thankfully no I am not but I have family that is :(

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:55 PM

My twin boys were born on Oct 12, 1999.  I was just over 5 months pregnant and they lived less than 24 hours.

I've posted this in a few groups and it always amazes me at how many people that I "talk" to on a daily basis have been affected by infant loss.  At this point, I am very comfortable talking about it and don't want anyone to feel like they are alone, which is why I made this post.

TwinSoccerMom
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Yes.  I have had 3 miscarriages.  All very early on but still devasting at the time.  I have known people who have lost them much later in their pregnancy and as infants and I do not put myself in that group at all.  Much different than what we experienced. My heart breaks for those families.

They all happened many years ago and no longer brings a sadness to us. We are so grateful for the awesome kiddos that we have that we do not dwell on what was not meant to be but rejoin in and enjoy what was meant to be.

SnapIt
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:00 PM
No i an not one but have a friend who delivered a stillborn and another who had 3 miscarriages

Very sad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TwinSoccerMom
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:04 PM

My niece went through the loss of twin boys at about 5 months pregnant about a year earlier than you. She lost one within 24 hours and the other about a week later. I can not even imagine how painful that loss was for each of you.  I felt guilty even telling her about the (thankfully safe) delivery of my own twins a year after her loss. My 3 early-on miscarriages does not compare to something like this.

Quoting steelcrazy:

My twin boys were born on Oct 12, 1999.  I was just over 5 months pregnant and they lived less than 24 hours.

I've posted this in a few groups and it always amazes me at how many people that I "talk" to on a daily basis have been affected by infant loss.  At this point, I am very comfortable talking about it and don't want anyone to feel like they are alone, which is why I made this post.

psych_mom
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:15 PM
I'm not, but my sil has had several miscarriages and I have a friend that lost a son when he was 6 months old. I babysat his for about 3 months and it was very hard for me to find out that I was pregnant a month after his loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:16 PM
Not really sure. I had all the symptoms of a miscarriage, but without the positive PG test, the doc didn't want to declatlre it one.
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:36 PM

But you already knew this. I lost my daughter on June 6th, 2000. She was a stillborn. I was 8 months pregnant with her. And not a day goes by that I do not feel the loss of her in my heart.

Kimberlee Elizabeth is the guardian angel that watches over her three little brothers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)