Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

I don't know wtf to do!!! (Update)

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:47 AM
  • 75 Replies
DD is a sophomore and a good student,this year there is a girl who is a freshman who WILL NOT leave my dd alone.she has never had any problems til now.this girl has targeted dd and has voiced that she wants dd to hit her,WHAT!! Is she STUPID!!! She does the petty crap that some girls do,rumors,lies,states,nasty looks,she went as far as to push dd when walking past her,thankfully dd went to the principle,or so I thought I would be thankful,NOTHING was done.so far dd has gone to the office since school stated twice a week,asking that they do something because she's afraid the girl is going to push too hard and dd will knock the crap out of her,and she will.she has ignored this girl as much as she can but she told me last night she's afraid if the girl starts again she's going to punch her,I told her no,we will go to the superintendent office,the board etc DONT hit her.if the school does not do smtn about this girl I don't know what to do,she's bigger then dd and from what I hear a real b##ch who likes trouble.ughhh my dd is so angry now n frustrated WTF

(Update)
Got a call from the school,dd has been suspended for "going after" the girl,yes,this time it was a full contact fight,I'm on my way to the school now to bring dd home & speak with the principle as well as see if I can watch the tape

(Update)
So I went the the school and waited for the principle and dd.once dd comes to the office I try talking to her about what happened,principle has us go to his office & we are followed by assistant principle and I angrily speak up...I TOLD you this would happen if smtn wasn't done about this girl,my daughter has been to your office every week practically begging for help with this situation,and NOW my daughter is in trouble for taking matters into her own hands...well she should not have put her hands on another student.fair,she should not have,but what about my request for a formal meeting,that's not going to happen,if there's a problem she can come to my office and talk about it.SO what your saying is this girl can taunt,get in my daughters face,call her a whore,b##ch,c##t,dare her to hit her,shove her and she does not get into trouble,but my daughter FINALLY sticks up for herself and the books are wide open.WHAT are you going to do when my daughter comes back to school and this continues... We will deal with it.

Sorry if I rambled on and I'm sure left some things out.i know dd was wrong,she should not have put her hands on this girl and I'm not playing the pity party here for her either,but this is my update and its Monday,which means I have a lot of work ahead of me to keep dd in line and in school
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Have you talked to the principal yourself?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't have experience with this situation, but given that she is repeatedly threatening your daughter and the school isn't doing anything, I would contact the police and see if they can help, i.e. restraining order.

Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Quoting psych_mom:

Good question. I missed that part.

Try contacting him and the superintendent in writing. Having a letter as proof of notification from parents holds more "weight."

Lorena
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
If the school wont do anything you could press charges. That is want im going to do if when this girl come back to school (she is suspended from something else) and starts messing with my boys again. I am done with talking to the school. She will just walk up and punch them "below the belt". I feel so bad that your dd has to deal with this. Another option could be to call human services. obviously there is something going on in the home if she feels that this is appropriate behavior. Best of luck, hopefully your dd can with stand the urge.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissam78
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Yes,it's become my second home,everytime were told he will deal with it,a few weeks ago the girl was supposed to be suspended but never was

Quoting psych_mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissam78
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Talk about timing,she just called me and I need to drive up to the school,ill be back ladies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wenchmommy381
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:43 AM

How do you know the girl was not suspended? Her disciplinary record is absolutely off limits to you, even though your daughter is the victim of her actions. 

If you have reported the girl and the behavior is continuing, contact your daughter's guidance counselor. They are a school's most under-utilized resource-- they are trained to deal with student interaction and are aware of so much more than administrators are (IEPs, difficult home situations, etc.). 

Quoting melissam78:

Yes,it's become my second home,everytime were told he will deal with it,a few weeks ago the girl was supposed to be suspended but never was

Quoting psych_mom:

Wenchmommy381, International Wenches Guild

"I know that something very strange Is happening to my brain.
I'm either feeling very good Or else I am insane.
The seeds of doubt you planted Have started to grow wild
And I feel that I must yield before The wisdom of a child.
And it's love you bring,
No, that I can't deny
With your wings,
I can learn to fly,
Sweet young thing."
--M Nesmith
psych_mom
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Not sure how you know she wasn't suspended bc that would violate her privacy. I agree with talking to the counselor.

Quoting melissam78:

Quoting psych_mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:03 PM
4 moms liked this

This isn't going to be the popular answer, but if you've tried everything else and nothing seems to be working.  I would never recommend this for a younger child either, but have your dd kick her @$$.  Some times that is the only thing that makes a bully realize that you won't tollerate their crap.  Yes, your dd will most likely get in some trouble with the school, but it may be worth it in the long run.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:27 PM

What about involving a teacher.....if you find one that she is close to, that teacher can really make a difference.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)