Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Black Friday stories Bad or Good share here.

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:35 PM
  • 13 Replies
What has your past experience been with black Friday shopping? Share here. What was the best thing you got shopping Black Friday?
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 3:50 PM

I don't go out on Black Friday.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 9, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I have never gone.  some of the stories my sisters have come back with are enough to convince me NOT to do it.  haha.  They have seen lots of fights at Walmart.

wenchmommy381
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 7:11 PM

When I was in grad school, I woke up at 3am the day after Thanksgiving, no apparent reason. Decided to get dressed and go to Kohl's. No one was there, and I knocked out half my list in 2 hours.

Don't think I've done it since.

MissyB1011
by Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:02 PM

The dumbest one was when I went to Toys R Us because they had cases of baby food and diapers on Black Friday sale for really, really cheap. My Mom and I then drove to Half Priced books over 45 min away then came back to drop her off at work. I then headed with my 2 kids (6 and 6 months) to Carter's at the outlet mall then onto Kohl's. By 3 in the afternoon I was ready to pass out from exhaustion. This was all after I had cooked and hosted Thanksgiving the day before.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:19 PM
I don't shop on Black Friday
Rogue35
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting MissyB1011:

The dumbest one was when I went to Toys R Us because they had cases of baby food and diapers on Black Friday sale for really, really cheap. My Mom and I then drove to Half Priced books over 45 min away then came back to drop her off at work. I then headed with my 2 kids (6 and 6 months) to Carter's at the outlet mall then onto Kohl's. By 3 in the afternoon I was ready to pass out from exhaustion. This was all after I had cooked and hosted Thanksgiving the day before.

That would tire a person out. I know that had to be rough with 2 kids too.
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I do not see the big deal in rushing out to get deals that the store COULD do all year round.

SuperLooneyMom
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:09 PM
I work on Black Friday the only day I went to Walmart before my shift my hubby and I walked in and walked right back out. People are nuts to Stand in line halfway down the store and around the corner. There was no way to get down the aisle without obstacles of people. No way again. I only wish I can get the day off to b with my kids and deco the house for Xmas. Sick sick sick
eddysmommy
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I try not to go out on black friday. I am not a fan of big crowds. I try not to go to walmart on weekends because of all the crowd. I do some shopping on cyber monday. I don't have to deal with crazy people that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)