Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Black Friday stories Bad or Good share here.

Posted by   + Show Post
What has your past experience been with black Friday shopping? Share here. What was the best thing you got shopping Black Friday?
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Replies (11-13):
Zamaria
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:25 AM
I have gone in the past. The best deal I got was these candles that I LOVE at Walgreens. They were buy one get two free. I normally would never pay 8$ for a candle, but with the buy one get two free it was a good deal. I got 21 candles every year. Last year they changed it to buy one get one free. I was pretty disappointed with that.
I'm not going out this year. The people are too rude. I end up yelling at people for being rude to other shoppers and to the employees. It's just ridiculous. It just seems like everyone is sooo greedy, and the sales aren't really that great. They usually have a few really good deals, and everything else is regular price or only has a small discount. But the few things that are a really good deal are so limited in quantity that you almost never get them unless you are willing to push, shove and fight for it. And I'm not! Lol! I have also seen that some things are marked way up above regular price and then discounted so that you end up paying regular price or only getting a dollar or two off. It's just silliness IMO. It used to be fun to go out with my mom and sister and enjoy the hustle and bustle, but these days it's more like a brawl. Not for me. I'll stay home and enjoy my family!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilmom510
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:40 PM

I love shopping Black Friday! My daughter and I go out around 2am and shop thru the night. We look for all the specials in the paper and get some amazing deals! We avoid the big stores like target and walmart which are crazy! Smaller stores give great deals and giveaways! Last year my daughter and I walked into a shoe store at 5:55am,  5 minutes before their raffle and my daughter won $100! That was fun! 

The only thing I am not happy about with Black Friday anymore is that all the stores are starting it in the middle of the day on Thanksgiving now! The whole fun of it was to get those doorbuster specials at midnight! After Thanksgiving dinner. Now they are messing with our thanksgiving! We still won't go out until the middle of the night, but I don't like the fact that it starts earlier. 

Rogue35
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:27 PM
I agree black friday should be on friday.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)