Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

What are your Thanksgiving plans? Are the kids off all week?

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:35 PM
  • 12 Replies

My kids have the entire week off next week for Thanksgiving break.  I do not but I can get time off of work pretty easily.  I may work on Monday and Tuesday and then take the rest of the week off.

We are hoping to drive to my sister's house in Oregan and go to the Oregon vs. Oregon State Football game.  My BIL works for OSU Football so I'm so excited to go to that game. 

What I also love about going to my sister's house for dinner is that everyone else cooks.  haha.  My sisters love to cook.  I don't mind getting the drinks.

How about you?

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wenchmommy381
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:58 PM

My boys have an early dismissal on Wednesday, and then are off the rest of the week. This year we'll have two separate dinners; Thursday and Saturday. Other than bringing a dessert or side dish, I'm not responsible for either dinner, which suits me fine. 

psych_mom
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:01 PM
My kids have the whole week off. I'm hosting Thanksgiving dinner which I love because I make the best turkey in our family. Plus my younger brother hasn't seen our house yet and he's coming.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:30 AM

The kids have school Mon and Tues, then are off the rest of the week. We've got family coming in from out-of-state; We'll have 8 extra people staying here Thurs night! I like hosting, esp when my aunt and uncle come, b/c my aunt loves to cook and pretty much takes over the kitchen : )

Zamaria
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:24 AM
My kids only get Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off! :( on Wednesday we are meeting my mom and sister to get the kids annual pictures done, on Thursday we are having thanksgiving at my mom's, Friday we are just relaxing. And I have to work all three nights! :( but I'm off for Christmas this year! First Christmas off since "07! So I'm thankful for that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I shall be doing ALL the cooking and cleaning. Love the cooking part, cleaning not so much. Kids have the week off. So that means they will be helping with all the prep work of dinner.

embrigmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Emma has a half day on Wednesday, but I'm giving her the choice of going in or just staying home. If she stays home then she has to go with me to the baby's well visit. Then she has Thrusday and Friday off. Dh is working Mon, Tues and then half day on Wed and also has Thrus and Fri off.

We're visiting with his family in the afternoon on thanksgiving and then my family in the evening.

As for the rest of the weekend we're going to hang-out and have some family time. Really don't think we'll be doing any Black Friday shopping. May look for some online deals.

Barabell
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:49 AM

My son has school on Monday and Tuesday.

He has a hockey tournament Fri-Sun after Thanksgiving. Other than that, not much planned. He'll probably play video games and hang out with friends. The past two weeks have been extremely busy for him, and so he needs a break.

We're having Thanksgiving at my mom's house, which is just down the road from us.

TwinSoccerMom
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Our kids have school Monday and Tuesday only.  DH and I work M-W.  DD will help MIL make pies on Wednesday and dinner will be at their house.  We don't do the Black Friday thing so probably just relaxing on Friday and enjoying that rare weekday with DH at home.

TempestRayne
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Not all week, they have school on Monday and Tuesday.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Quoting TwinSoccerMom:

Our kids have school Monday and Tuesday only.  DH and I work M-W.  DD will help MIL make pies on Wednesday and dinner will be at their house.  We don't do the Black Friday thing so probably just relaxing on Friday and enjoying that rare weekday with DH at home.

I don't do Black Friday either.  I will be at my sister's so maybe we'll take the kids to see a movie or just hang out at her house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)