Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

What's your favorite Thanksgiving side?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:52 PM
  • 13 Replies

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I love me some mashed potatoes!  I prefer a little garlic in it too.

MaddieBsMommy
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:55 PM

broccoli casserole, and of course pumpkin pie with whipped cream, yummmm

Barabell
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Mashed potatoes.

TwinSoccerMom
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Cranberries

hollydaze1974
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:55 PM
the gooey ,fattening sweet potatoe cassarole!
M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Quoting TwinSoccerMom:

Cranberries

Okay....this is going to sound strange.  I HATED cranberries growing up.  I never understood why my mom always had it for Thanksgiving.  I never ate it and would question why we had it.......until about a couple of months ago.  Panera Bread has this turkey and cranberry sandwich that I decided to try and thought it was one of the most yummiest things I have ever eaten.  I have ordered it a couple of times since.

Recently, I bought just the can of cranberries and use is as a spread for my sandwiches i make at home. 

It's crazy how our taste buds change.

Barabell
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting TwinSoccerMom:

Cranberries

Okay....this is going to sound strange.  I HATED cranberries growing up.  I never understood why my mom always had it for Thanksgiving.  I never ate it and would question why we had it.......until about a couple of months ago.  Panera Bread has this turkey and cranberry sandwich that I decided to try and thought it was one of the most yummiest things I have ever eaten.  I have ordered it a couple of times since.

Recently, I bought just the can of cranberries and use is as a spread for my sandwiches i make at home. 

I still don't like cranberries. Bleh.

TwinSoccerMom
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I can relate so this didn't sound crazy AT ALL to me. I use to be such a picky eater that I would never try anything new and mom wouldn't make me.  Over the last 8-10 years I have expanded my likes enormously.

Although for me, I have always loved cranberries.  :-)

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting TwinSoccerMom:

Cranberries

Zamaria
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Do we only get to pick one? I'd probably have to say yams. But real yams. Not the canned ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wenchmommy381
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:26 PM

My mother-in-law makes this cheesy rice and broccoli casserole... oh man is that stuff good! I literally have 2 tablespoons of it, because I'm sure it's like 2000 calories.

Wenchmommy381, International Wenches Guild

"I know that something very strange Is happening to my brain.
I'm either feeling very good Or else I am insane.
The seeds of doubt you planted Have started to grow wild
And I feel that I must yield before The wisdom of a child.
And it's love you bring,
No, that I can't deny
With your wings,
I can learn to fly,
Sweet young thing."
--M Nesmith
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)