Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

I'm moving to bi-weekly pay......UGH!!!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

The entire University of California system (all campuses) are moving to a bi-weekly pay.  We are on a monthly pay which is great for us because we pay all of our bills at the beginning of the month and then just plan for food, gas, and other on-going things.  Now, we have to figure out how to deal with the bills since I'm getting paid every other week.  What sucks is that it isn't conistent dates like the 1st and the 15th....it's every other Wednesday so no specific dates. 

I just went to a presentation about it today.  I'm not happy.

How often do you get paid?  If you do get paid bi-weekly, how do you manage it.  We have both been on this monthly pay for years!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Replies (11-14):
Babujai
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I get paid bi-weekly and DH gets paid weekly.

With my bi-weekly pay I get two checks a month for 10 months and then there are two months when I get three checks.  I plan for the first check to cover certain things and the second check to cover the rest.  That means bills get paid every month (usually), but not necessarily on time.  The only time this gets tricky is with my insurance which is on autopay.  It usually falls on the first check, but I have to make sure I leave enough money in the account so that it can pull.

Babujai
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Oh...the good thing about being paid bi-weekly is that my insurance and flexible saving account pulls are calculated for the 1st and 2nd check only...when those 3rd paychecks come up they're fat checks because the only thing taken out is tax.  This year one of those 3rd checks is the last week of November which means a little extra money for Christmas.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Quoting Babujai:

I get paid bi-weekly and DH gets paid weekly.

With my bi-weekly pay I get two checks a month for 10 months and then there are two months when I get three checks.  I plan for the first check to cover certain things and the second check to cover the rest.  That means bills get paid every month (usually), but not necessarily on time.  The only time this gets tricky is with my insurance which is on autopay.  It usually falls on the first check, but I have to make sure I leave enough money in the account so that it can pull.

I have 3 things that are autopay at the beginning of the month plus daycare (which is a big chunk).  The other bills I may be able to move around easier.  We'll see. 

It won't start until February so it will give me time to come up with a game plan.  I will actually look at the specific days its due and then go from there.

birdandchicks
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:19 PM
I get paid bi weekly on Fridays. I like it so much better than being paid monthly. (I did that for a few years also. Dh is paid monthly now).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)