Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Room of the day- 11/20

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:44 AM
  • 23 Replies

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Yay!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TwinSoccerMom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I really like it!

M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:33 AM

A little too country looking for me.  I don't know what makes it "country" except for the colors.  I like brighter kitchens....which is why ours has yellow wall paint, green cabinets and red trimmings.

Barabell
by Barbara on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Like!

wenchmommy381
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I kind of like the colors, but I'd rather have an island instead of a table. And 86 the wallpaper... never been a fan of the stuff.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:10 PM

If i was to go with the color of the cabinets, I would have really bright window treatments and bright colored accents

psych_mom
by Stacy on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I like what they were trying to achieve with this kitchen but I think it missed the mark by just a little. The island doesn't look very functional and if they had used something that had storage it would make more sense. I like the color of the cabinets, but they make the room too dark- this color would have worked better on the walls and the cabinets would have looked better if they were a lighter color. The appliances are awesome. The window was a place they could have went for a wow factor, and they totally missed that opportunity.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Quoting psych_mom:

I like what they were trying to achieve with this kitchen but I think it missed the mark by just a little. The island doesn't look very functional and if they had used something that had storage it would make more sense. I like the color of the cabinets, but they make the room too dark- this color would have worked better on the walls and the cabinets would have looked better if they were a lighter color. The appliances are awesome. The window was a place they could have went for a wow factor, and they totally missed that opportunity.

That's how I feel too.  I think I would be bored in this kitchen.

Also, I don't know if its just me or not but does that table look like its bent in the middle a little?

psych_mom
by Stacy on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:29 PM

The table does look bent but I am thinking that it is due to age. The right antique piece can work well as an island if it has a function. This table doesn't look very usable. I have an antique dresser that has a granite counter top and works great as an island because I have lots of extra storage and I can use it for rolling out pie dough and things like that. This table looks like if you put too much weight on it, it'll collapse.

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting psych_mom:

That's how I feel too.  I think I would be bored in this kitchen.

Also, I don't know if its just me or not but does that table look like its bent in the middle a little?

Barabell
by Barbara on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:17 PM

I was wondering about that too. I was wondering it if was the lighting for the photography causing the shadows to make it appear bent?

I don't care for the island or the wallpaper. I do like the color of the cabinets and the hardware on it. I'd love that color in my kitchen, which is large and has a lot of light. So it wouldn't look as dark as it does in the kitchen above.

I don't like the window shade either, but in a kitchen, it's a realistic color that deals with the potential of stains  caused from cooking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)