Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Room of the day- 11/20

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Replies (11-20):
wenchmommy381
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I've also never owned a range that was separate from the oven-- I had one as a kid, but we hardly ever used it.

And have I mentioned that I have never had a dishwasher? I am the dishwasher... and I hate it!

psych_mom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I love my dishwasher! I have never had a separate range and over either and probably never will. When we remodel the kitchen, I am still not worried about separating the two. I really don't see the point.

Quoting wenchmommy381:

I've also never owned a range that was separate from the oven-- I had one as a kid, but we hardly ever used it.

And have I mentioned that I have never had a dishwasher? I am the dishwasher... and I hate it!

psych_mom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:25 PM

That's not wallpaper, those are small iridescent tiles.

Quoting wenchmommy381:

I kind of like the colors, but I'd rather have an island instead of a table. And 86 the wallpaper... never been a fan of the stuff.

wenchmommy381
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:30 PM

*squints*

OH! Ok, then...

I think I'd prefer larger tiles or washable paint. Either would be easier to clean effectively.

Quoting psych_mom:

That's not wallpaper, those are small iridescent tiles.

Quoting wenchmommy381:

I kind of like the colors, but I'd rather have an island instead of a table. And 86 the wallpaper... never been a fan of the stuff.

Wenchmommy381, International Wenches Guild

"I know that something very strange Is happening to my brain.
I'm either feeling very good Or else I am insane.
The seeds of doubt you planted Have started to grow wild
And I feel that I must yield before The wisdom of a child.
And it's love you bring,
No, that I can't deny
With your wings,
I can learn to fly,
Sweet young thing."
--M Nesmith
catngabsmom
by Erica on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:25 PM
Too small!!! But I love the island!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
STKsMomma
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:32 PM
The dark color makes it look small and cramped. Table is cute but inefficiant.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:36 PM

It's ok, but I don't care for stainless steel appliances, and I'd prefer an island w/ cabinets/drawers.

Lorena
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:48 PM
I love it even though it feels small. However, it also feels homey. I do not like the table I would go for an antique buffet table with drawers. I would also add a splash of color.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jaytee
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:44 PM

The table does look bent to me too! I agree with psych_mom 100 % on her take on this room.

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting psych_mom:

I like what they were trying to achieve with this kitchen but I think it missed the mark by just a little. The island doesn't look very functional and if they had used something that had storage it would make more sense. I like the color of the cabinets, but they make the room too dark- this color would have worked better on the walls and the cabinets would have looked better if they were a lighter color. The appliances are awesome. The window was a place they could have went for a wow factor, and they totally missed that opportunity.

That's how I feel too.  I think I would be bored in this kitchen.

Also, I don't know if its just me or not but does that table look like its bent in the middle a little?

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Love the concept,  BUT the table in the middle of the floor needs to be an island.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)