Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Room of the day- 11/20

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Replies (21-23):
kmrtigger
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I also like what they were trying to achieve in the kitchen. But I would go with the antique white kitchen cabinets.  I also agree with the window needing to be the WOW factor in this small room. And I also agree with an island with storage of some sort intead of a bent table.

Quoting psych_mom:

I like what they were trying to achieve with this kitchen but I think it missed the mark by just a little. The island doesn't look very functional and if they had used something that had storage it would make more sense. I like the color of the cabinets, but they make the room too dark- this color would have worked better on the walls and the cabinets would have looked better if they were a lighter color. The appliances are awesome. The window was a place they could have went for a wow factor, and they totally missed that opportunity.

kmrtigger
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I actually like the applicances. And someday hope to replace all my white ones with the stainless ones. Except, I will never have a dishwasher. Washing by hand is quicker. Or so I keep telling myself, lol. My kitchen is small like this. And it has given me some ideas for when we redo the kitchen. I want a wall oven and now that see it's possible due to having cabinets such as the ones the oven is near, I can now show hubby and TALK him into my semi-dream kitchen. My kitchen will never be my dream kitchen because of the LACK of space.

Quoting wakymom:

It's ok, but I don't care for stainless steel appliances, and I'd prefer an island w/ cabinets/drawers.

kmrtigger
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Quoting Barabell:

Also, I don't know if its just me or not but does that table look like its bent in the middle a little?

I was wondering about that too. I was wondering it if was the lighting for the photography causing the shadows to make it appear bent?

I don't care for the island or the wallpaper. I do like the color of the cabinets and the hardware on it. I'd love that color in my kitchen, which is large and has a lot of light. So it wouldn't look as dark as it does in the kitchen above.

I don't like the window shade either, but in a kitchen, it's a realistic color that deals with the potential of stains  caused from cooking.

I don't care for the shade either. I have always went with white, because they can be bleached if need be. But I think a pop of color can be done with the curtains to help brighten the room a bit.

I also LOVE the hardware on the cabinets. I don't care for the facet placement on account of my personal preference. I think it needs to be centered with the window. And I am not completely sold on the glass doors of the cabinets above the range or beside the sink. I like my stuff hidden since I don't stack stuff too neatly, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN