Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Really? Santa?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:39 AM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I've done it again...inadvertently left my tween open to embarrassment.

Backstory: At the beginning of the school year, trying to save money I decided my boys could use their backpacks from last year.  They were in relatively good condition and if they didn't look good by Christmas I'd get them new bags then.  Now when it comes to my tween, I actually thought this through.  His backpack has Iron Man on it.  I thought, "That'll be fine, but I'll have to get him a more mature backpack when he starts middle school next year." When the school year started he was fine with is Iron Man backpack.

Yesterday: My tween says, "I need a new bag."  I'm looking at the bag...it's a little raggedy but not too bad, so I ask why.  He says he's the only one in his class with a character on his bag, and the only one with a bag with two shoulder straps.  Everyone else has a plain bag with one strap that goes across the chest.  Of course he tells me all this with the most pitiful look on his face.  My little one was in the room, so I said, "Well maybe Santa will bring you a new bag for Christmas."  My little one nodded and agreed.  My tween looked at me, completely deadpan and goes, "Really? Santa?"  I cracked up!

rolling on floor

So what is "Santa" getting your tween so they feel more teen than tot?

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zamaria
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol! Mine is getting hoodies, bigger jeans, he's going to need a men's size because boys sizes are too short! :(, shoes, and he asked for the scooby doo movies and Peanuts cartoons on DVD do he will get those. Guess he's not as grown up as he thinks he is sometimes! Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amzbrznjz
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:19 AM

well my DD was told baout Santa, toothfairy and Easter bunny last year during her 6th grade year, when she got her period.  this year, we are upgrading her iPhone 4S to a Samsung Galaxy 3, her warm up and duffle bag for her club volleyball, pair of boots and a $30 giftcard to aerpostle

M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:31 AM

DD1  - a new softball bat, a softball bag, an after-shower kit (slippers, wrap towel, lotion)....for now.  I still don't know.

DD2 - journal with the "secret pen"

DD3 - Something batman, iron man, etc.

Lorena
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:40 AM
A new phone. He has had a track phone for two years now. I says he wouldn't care but everyone else can take pics. He is also getting an ep3 player so he can listen to music while he works out. And of couse clothes but no characters on them unless they are funny. The other 2 boys are a little different. Not sure what we arr getting them. Now my tween dd is getting a makeup/skin care kit by Mary Kay. Also a digital camera and scrapbook kit. My sd is getting a keyboard with a mic and ether a nail polish kit or a beading kit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:04 PM

His main gift is a new wallet, also for the same reason. He currently has a Disney one, and I thought a more mature one would suit him better.

We're going to fill the wallet with some gift cards to Target and some other places he likes to go with friends. I might put a little cash in there too.

I haven't decided on his main Santa gift yet. I was thinking either a name brand hoodie or a new Xbox controller. My mom said she wanted to get my son the hoodie, and so it might be the controller.

wenchmommy381
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Probably Skylanders. His "cool" uncles and aunt have been tapped to get the DS.

TempestRayne
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Cotton candy make for all the kids and socks and underwear.
Rogue35
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:34 PM
A Mp3 player my tween loves music.
psych_mom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:46 PM
A video game, UGA t-shirt and other goodies, UGA bean bag chair, a movie and that's all I can remember for now. My younger tween is getting a new bike.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyrosenj
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:21 PM
My tween just wants uggs so we are all chipping in. She got fuggs for her birthday and hasn't complained. Otherwise she pretty much has all teen stuff.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)