Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

What movies do you want to see?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:35 PM
  • 29 Replies

I love going to the movies.....but they are too darn expensive to go to all the time.  There are several movies that I want to see such as "Playing for Keeps".  How about you?  Are there any movies you would like to see this season?

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I want to see the new James Bond that is out right now.

Possibly Lincoln, but it is so long that I think I'd rather wait for the DVD.

styler7
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:52 PM
I don't even know what's playing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M4LG5
by Valeri on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Quoting Barabell:

I want to see the new James Bond that is out right now.

Possibly Lincoln, but it is so long that I think I'd rather wait for the DVD.

Lincoln!  That's another one. 

Barabell
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

If we go before noon on the weekends, it's only $5 at our local AMC. Since there are only 3 of us, it's only $15. So I don't mind paying to go to the theater. I actually found I like seeing a movie at that time anyhow on Saturday morning and then having the rest of the weekend still ahead of us.

There is also an independent theater near us that has first run movies for $4 before 6 pm and $6 after 6 pm. So I'll go there too sometimes. We saw The Avengers and The Hunger Games there this year.

Barabell
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Quoting styler7:

I don't either, besides hearing people talk about the movies that want to see or have seen in my workplace.

styler7
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:59 PM
I'd love to go to the theater. It's been years, maybe 5, since I've been to one :)

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting styler7:

I don't either, besides hearing people talk about the movies that want to see or have seen in my workplace.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M4LG5
by Valeri on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Quoting Barabell:

If we go before noon on the weekends, it's only $5 at our local AMC. Since there are only 3 of us, it's only $15. So I don't mind paying to go to the theater. I actually found I like seeing a movie at that time anyhow on Saturday morning and then having the rest of the weekend still ahead of us.

There is also an independent theater near us that has first run movies for $4 before 6 pm and $6 after 6 pm. So I'll go there too sometimes. We saw The Avengers and The Hunger Games there this year.

For us, the best way to go is the drive-in because you get 2 movies and it's really cheap.  $7 for adults and $1 for kids.  But....who wants to go to the drive-in during the winte.r  I do think it's closed anyways.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I want to see Les Miserables when it comes out. I've seen the stage production, so I want to see how the movie compares.

Barabell
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting Barabell:

For us, the best way to go is the drive-in because you get 2 movies and it's really cheap.  $7 for adults and $1 for kids.  But....who wants to go to the drive-in during the winte.r  I do think it's closed anyways.

The sun doesn't START setting until 9pm in the summer here. It can still be light out at 10 pm. The drive ins start rolling the film way too late for me to want to go.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting Barabell:

The sun doesn't START setting until 9pm in the summer here. It can still be light out at 10 pm. The drive ins start rolling the film way too late for me to want to go.

That's the other problem.  With the kids, we can only see 1 movie because it's near midnight by the time the movie is over.  I'd love to stay for 2 movies but it's really really late.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)