Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone else got door slamming

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:53 PM
  • 22 Replies

Who else has teen attitude happening at the house? Door slamming? I do it when I want to? Does it sound like your house? Phone taken away. I not paying for any extra activities.  I done.  What do you do?

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:59 PM

We sit down and have a talk about the house rules, and respect. And privileges are removed until they can earn them back with respect.

pcsainco
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
When the slamming of doors got to be to much for my dad, off came the door! That was soooooo irritating. Not having any privacy as a teen was waaaayyyyy worse than whatever I was throwing a fit about!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saralia
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:11 PM
2 moms liked this
My husband removes their entire door for 2 weeks if its done disrespectfully or in someone's face. It's actually the perfect punishment for a tween who wants her privacy ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorena
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:14 PM
I get that all the time drives me nutts. But we sit down and talk about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
catngabsmom
by Erica on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM
A slammed door is instantly removed!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hriabywx4
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Slammed door = no door.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GleekingOut
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:27 AM

slammed door used to equal no door (my eldest is the only one to do door slamming so far) but I was told that because DD had no sense of body privacy at that point (she was 13 but has aspergers) and would just get dressed in her room with no door and display her growing body for all to see it was in everybody's best interest to put the door back on. Now she either gets a lecture or she gets told that she can stay out of her room for an hour or two without her laptop/phone/books/music etc.

deek843
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh I get "UGH I HATE YOU" stomp stomp stomp stomp slam. Sounds to my ears. Means I'm doing something right! If she doesn't love me she can't hate me :)

brandi185
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:04 AM

my boys do it sometimes when they're all hyper and playing but that's excused as over active and i just tell them to calm down.  my 11 year old son has slammed the door in my face once out of anger.  i put my hand up like i was going to give a high five.  the door bounced off my hand and smacked him in the face.  he's never tried to slam his door in anyones face since.  he has gone to his room and slammed his door, softly.  he knows he'll lose his door if he does it too hard.  i also think he knows that slamming his door too hard will damage things hanging on his wall and he likes those things.

psych_mom
by Stacy on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:38 AM
We haven't gotten there yet...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)