Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone else got door slamming

Posted by   + Show Post

Who else has teen attitude happening at the house? Door slamming? I do it when I want to? Does it sound like your house? Phone taken away. I not paying for any extra activities.  I done.  What do you do?

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Replies (11-20):
M4LG5
by Valeri on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Quoting psych_mom:

We haven't gotten there yet...

us too.  I'm hoping it doesn't.

wenchmommy381
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM

My kids stomp, but don't slam. Actually, I do the slamming if anyone. 

Andl2ea
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I wish there was an answer for that.  No matter what I do it still happens.  I have 2 boys 10 and 14 who fight all the time. 

embrigmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:54 AM

My tween just started with that! It was driving me crazy!  I asked my mom about it and she reminded me of what happened when I slammed my door, my parents took my door away! So when my dd slammed her door again we took the door off it's hinges.  We told her she'd get it back when we felt she earned it. But then she was driving us crazy asking (started the next day) and her room was a mess so we told her she could hae it back when she cleaned her room!

She's been in there cleaning everyday! And hasn't asked again because she knows we're just going to ask if her rom is clean yet. 

Barabell
by Barbara on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Quoting psych_mom:

We haven't gotten there yet...

We haven't either.

mnmo3bb
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Nope because the door gets taken away. Started that when they were really young. They want a door to the room they sleep in in our house, they need to take care of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtimesx4
by New Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:34 PM

My oldest DD is the same way. Door went back on and started taking other things away.  All esle fails, remind them of the paddle.  Been leaving the doors on for the others as well.  Wayyyy too much work to remove by myself.

Quoting GleekingOut:

slammed door used to equal no door (my eldest is the only one to do door slamming so far) but I was told that because DD had no sense of body privacy at that point (she was 13 but has aspergers) and would just get dressed in her room with no door and display her growing body for all to see it was in everybody's best interest to put the door back on. Now she either gets a lecture or she gets told that she can stay out of her room for an hour or two without her laptop/phone/books/music etc.

GleekingOut
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Well now I just don't allow her in the bathroom unless she has her clothes already. She still hasn't realized that when she gets changed the whole neighborhood can see her changing. >.>

Quoting momtimesx4:

My oldest DD is the same way. Door went back on and started taking other things away.  All esle fails, remind them of the paddle.  Been leaving the doors on for the others as well.  Wayyyy too much work to remove by myself.

Quoting GleekingOut:

slammed door used to equal no door (my eldest is the only one to do door slamming so far) but I was told that because DD had no sense of body privacy at that point (she was 13 but has aspergers) and would just get dressed in her room with no door and display her growing body for all to see it was in everybody's best interest to put the door back on. Now she either gets a lecture or she gets told that she can stay out of her room for an hour or two without her laptop/phone/books/music etc.

somuchlove4U
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:43 AM
Door slamming isn't allowed. DD knows not to do it and she follows that rule very well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
STARRYVONN
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM
no.. we don't do that. I'm a firm believer in respect towards me and everyone. There's no need for that s***.

Quoting kmrtigger:

We sit down and have a talk about the house rules, and respect. And privileges are removed until they can earn them back with respect.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)