Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homemade gift ideas.

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:11 AM
  • 7 Replies
Share here.
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
M4LG5
by Valeri on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Every year, my sisters and brother and I do a gift exchange instead of buying for each of us that consists of making something.  It's pretty fun actually.  We have been doing it for over 6 or 7 years now.  Every year we have a theme.  This year, it's a decade theme.  I have to make something for my sister that is a 1950s theme.  This should be somewhat easy because she loves Elvis.

I have made blankets, taken a book and made a mail holder (see below), a memo board, etc.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Baked goods are a great one this time of year. Also homemade treats and candies.

kylesmom
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:32 PM

My son is in charge of the snacks we are passing on cookies this year and doing things like spiced nuts holiday cherry nut snack mix peppermint Bark and chocolate trees and sant clauses mold to pretzel rods upside down Rice Krispies Christmas trees

Kylesmom aka Jen

sewing   bible study  treadmill   I can do it

psych_mom
by Stacy on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Definitely baked goods. Also homemade "spa" gifts. You can do sugar scrubs and things like that using ingredients found in your kitchen. I have a wonderful scrub that I keep on my bathroom counter for my hands.

Rogue35
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Quoting M4LG5:

Every year, my sisters and brother and I do a gift exchange instead of buying for each of us that consists of making something.  It's pretty fun actually.  We have been doing it for over 6 or 7 years now.  Every year we have a theme.  This year, it's a decade theme.  I have to make something for my sister that is a 1950s theme.  This should be somewhat easy because she loves Elvis.

I have made blankets, taken a book and made a mail holder (see below), a memo board, etc.

That is really cute and creative.
scapermom
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I have done "soup in a jar" and "cornbread mix in a bag". If you google either of those you'll find tons of ideas. I'm sure they are also posted on Pinterest as well. 

Rogue35
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Quoting scapermom:

I have done "soup in a jar" and "cornbread mix in a bag". If you google either of those you'll find tons of ideas. I'm sure they are also posted on Pinterest as well. 

thanks for the tip.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)