Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Mom, did you know that I'm almost a tween?"

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:29 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have no idea where she got it from (a disney or nick show i'm sure) but we were sitting in the car and she said, "Mom, did you know that I'm almost a tween?  It's something that is just before being a teenager.  When I reach double digits, I will be between kid and teenager.  That's why they call it TWEEN."  hahaha

She has no idea that at 9 years old and because of her maturity, I already think  of her as a tween.

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
londamg
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:31 PM
So is tween the same thing as pre-teen?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
embrigmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:40 PM

From what someone told me tween is the ages of 8-10 and preteen is 11-12. Not really sure. Honestly I think they are the samething. I tell my 10yr old she's still just a baby. But that's because I don't want her to grow up to fast.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I'm not sure what the difference between tween and pre-teen.  I assume they are the same.......their attitudes are!

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Lol, that's cute.

psych_mom
by Stacy on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:52 AM

They're the same... 9-12 are all tweens or pre-teens, lol. My 10 year old still refuses to be a tween though. He says that when he is 13 then he will be a tween, he doesn't want to grow up too fast is his reasoning. Can't say that I blame him.

Quoting M4LG5:

I'm not sure what the difference between tween and pre-teen.  I assume they are the same.......their attitudes are!

TempestRayne
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Quoting M4LG5:

Rogue35
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:26 AM
That is so cute that she said that. My daughter just turned 10 and I told her she is growing up on me because she has reached the double digits.
Barabell
by Barbara on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:29 AM

LOL

Your kids are adorable. :-)

M4LG5
by Valeri on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Barabell:

LOL

Your kids are adorable. :-)

Thanks.  I think so too.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)