Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Would you let your tween go to this party?

Posted by   + Show Post

My dd (10) camr home yesterday with a handwritten on an indexcard invitation to a sleepover party. The invite wasn't really clear on a lot of things including the address. It says "at my house". I did call and talk to the mom and the party really is going on. The family lives almost around the corner from us.

But here are the issues I'm having, while the family lives close to us I don't know them at all. I barely know the child. My daughter knows her from school but doesn't really spend time with her outside of school. Also when I asked my daughter if she knew who eles was invited she listed a boy. There were only 3 kids on the list (girl's mom wanted a small party because it's a sleepover). I don't know how I feel about sending my daughter to this party. She really wants to go. But I'm not comfterable with it, What would you do?

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:48 AM
Replies (21-26):
Barabell
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I would probably be OK with the sleepover and sending my child with a cellphone....UNTIL you told me there was a boy spending the night. In that case, I would need more trust in the parents than you have.

With what you information you supplied, I would say no.

embrigmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

We didn't let her go. She was upset but got over it. We told her that after the hoildays she could have the girl who was having the party over so we could spend time getting to know her and her family.

Barabell
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Quoting embrigmom:

We didn't let her go. She was upset but got over it. We told her that after the hoildays she could have the girl who was having the party over so we could spend time getting to know her and her family.

You handled it well, and you made the right decision.

Mommy4000
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:59 AM

No I wouldn't. I don't allow co-ed sleepovers, and especially if not at my house and I don't know how the other parents handle those kinds of sleepovers.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:05 PM

I'd go with your gut on this one.

cocoroo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:59 AM
We don't allow coed sleepovers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)