Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Room of the day- 12/7

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:23 AM
Replies (21-22):
wenchmommy381
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Agreed-- MIL has 8 pillows on her window seat. She has downright yelled at the kids for messing with them. 

This is also the woman who dropped 100+ pounds with Weight Watchers and said it was so she could be a "fun grandma." But now she hardly spends time with my kids because she works for WW and has several meetings a week. 

Quoting psych_mom:

I like throw pillows, but just a few for the whole room and if they end up in the floor (which they often do since the kids toss them around like they are stuffed animals) oh well, lol. I like having beautifully decorated rooms, but I want people to live in them and enjoy them- otherwise, what's the point?

Quoting wenchmommy381:

My mother in law remodeled her living room and it looks very chic. She raised 7 kids in a much smaller (and by virture of 6 boys, very messy) space, and likes having a room that looks like the ones you feature here. 

My kids and nieces/nephews love her window seat, but have to put the throw pillows on the floor in order to sit there (not to mention the fact that there used to be toys in the storage area of the window seat). It pissed MIL off to no end! Now no one sits there-- what a waste. 

And don't get me started on her bathroom....

Quoting psych_mom:

Most of them are probably there just for the picture anyways... not sure who would need that many throw pillows on their porch.

Quoting wenchmommy381:

Cut the number of throw pillows in half (at least) and I'm all over it. 

Wenchmommy381, International Wenches Guild

"I know that something very strange Is happening to my brain.
I'm either feeling very good Or else I am insane.
The seeds of doubt you planted Have started to grow wild
And I feel that I must yield before The wisdom of a child.
And it's love you bring,
No, that I can't deny
With your wings,
I can learn to fly,
Sweet young thing."
--M Nesmith
psych_mom
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Wow... that is overkill with the pillows.

I have never understood grandparents that don't have a lot to do with their grandkids. It makes me sad.

Quoting wenchmommy381:

Agreed-- MIL has 8 pillows on her window seat. She has downright yelled at the kids for messing with them. 

This is also the woman who dropped 100+ pounds with Weight Watchers and said it was so she could be a "fun grandma." But now she hardly spends time with my kids because she works for WW and has several meetings a week. 

Quoting psych_mom:

I like throw pillows, but just a few for the whole room and if they end up in the floor (which they often do since the kids toss them around like they are stuffed animals) oh well, lol. I like having beautifully decorated rooms, but I want people to live in them and enjoy them- otherwise, what's the point?

Quoting wenchmommy381:

My mother in law remodeled her living room and it looks very chic. She raised 7 kids in a much smaller (and by virture of 6 boys, very messy) space, and likes having a room that looks like the ones you feature here. 

My kids and nieces/nephews love her window seat, but have to put the throw pillows on the floor in order to sit there (not to mention the fact that there used to be toys in the storage area of the window seat). It pissed MIL off to no end! Now no one sits there-- what a waste. 

And don't get me started on her bathroom....

Quoting psych_mom:

Most of them are probably there just for the picture anyways... not sure who would need that many throw pillows on their porch.

Quoting wenchmommy381:

Cut the number of throw pillows in half (at least) and I'm all over it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN