Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Help when they misplace their things

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:53 PM
  • 13 Replies
Do you help your kids find their things when they are 'missing'?

My daughter is 11 and said 'its not fair, you never help me find my stuff'

I felt guilty for a moment but then went back to watching Greys. I just feel like its her room, she is the one that 'organizes' it so she should find her stuff when it gets misplaced.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Hah! Yeah " it's not fair ".... That you help her with last minute project or finish typing a paper at eleven to make sure she gets enough sleep, either. ( if you've done that)
No, shoes are to be found before bed .... Otherwise it isn't my problem.
Soo melodramatic!
It's not fair that she interrupted you show to tell you it wasn't fair! LOL!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
joshlor2
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:12 PM
I help the 6 year old, NOT the 11 year old. He looses stuff all the time! He has even lost a jacket already this school year. We had to institute a rule that he has to replace anything after we have replaced it once. So if he looses the replacement jacket he has to buy a new jacket. I really hope this threat is enough for him to start taking care of his stuff lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:24 PM
My kids have to find their own stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
STARRYVONN
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:36 PM
No... the house is clean and organized so they shouldn't need help like they have to look in a junkyard. I keep believing that it'll be a lesson learned... my 12 yr old keeps her stuff together but my 9 & 11 yr olds are a work in progress.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
embrigmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM

The only thing I help her find is her lip bumper (orthodontic thing) other wise you put it somewhere you find it.

akgrear
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I have a 10 and 12 year old. Both must find their own stuff. They are supposed to put their things where they belong so if they do that then they wouldn't need to be found. For the longest time, my daughter couldn't find her Nike's. She tried blaming her brother saying he liked them and wanted to wear them (they don't wear the same size). She ends up finding them in the bottom of her hamper and can't remember why she put them there.

momof2ex1
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:55 AM
I am glad to know that I am not the only mom to ignore those requests. My part of the house is clean, her room is somewhat clean... So she really shouldn't not have a problem. In my opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Depends on what it is and how important it is they have it. Toys- they are on their own. Part of a Scout uniform- I'll help look. Schoolwork- I'll usually help.

momof2ex1
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Yeah this was a toy. I usually help with things like clothes and shoes and homework. I've dug through the trash to find the retainer at least twice now lol

Quoting wakymom:

Depends on what it is and how important it is they have it. Toys- they are on their own. Part of a Scout uniform- I'll help look. Schoolwork- I'll usually help.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wenchmommy381
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:29 PM

If I make them help me find things, then I would understand that they would want me to help them in return. But that really isn't the case, so I don't get where anything isn't "fair."

My son likes to preface statements with "he cheated!--" and I quickly inform him that just because something doesn't happen the way he wants doesn't mean anyone cheated or did anything unfair. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN