Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

If you didn't have any kids......

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:15 PM
  • 40 Replies

where do you think you would be?

I know that we all love our lives and our children but......humor me....and think about what you would be doing if you didn't have children.

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Valeri on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:16 PM

I would most likely be in the field that I was in before I moved here (athletics) but probably not in this area. I would have most likely moved to Southern California or another state.

psych_mom
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:17 PM

If I didn't have any children, I would probably not be living in GA because I wouldn't have willing moved back here when my ex husband wanted me too. Also, I would have went to college sooner and I would have a career already.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Quoting psych_mom:

If I didn't have any children, I would probably not be living in GA because I wouldn't have willing moved back here when my ex husband wanted me too. Also, I would have went to college sooner and I would have a career already.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't be living here.  I like it here but would not have WILLING to move here if I hadn't gotten pregnant with my twins with my now husband.

Barabell
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:41 PM

To be honest, I'm really not sure at all where I'd be. Sometimes my husband and I ponder if we'd still be together if we didn't have a kid. I like to think that we would be. But I think my husband thinks I have only put up with his stupid years because of our kid, and so he doesn't think we'd still be together.

I probably would have a degree already, but at the same time, I still don't know what I want a degree in. I would hope that I would have made up my mind already if I actually had time to devote to schooling...LOL

M4LG5
by Valeri on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:46 PM

i don't think my husband and I would be together.  Even though where we are is WAY better than when we were first together, it's still a work in progress.  I think I would have been done if I didn't feel the obligation to work it out for the kids. 

Quoting Barabell:

To be honest, I'm really not sure at all where I'd be. Sometimes my husband and I ponder if we'd still be together if we didn't have a kid. I like to think that we would be. But I think my husband thinks I have only put up with his stupid years because of our kid, and so he doesn't think we'd still be together.

I probably would have a degree already, but at the same time, I still don't know what I want a degree in. I would hope that I would have made up my mind already if I actually had time to devote to schooling...LOL

Barabell
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:53 PM

We were together for 4 years before I became pregnant. So we had a lot of the living together stuff worked out before becoming parents, and I think that helped a lot. Since you didn't have that time really, it's hard to say. Maybe things would have worked out different.

My husband and I were also so young when we got together and became parents. Late teens and early 20s are such turning points in your life. With that path we went down together, it's just hard to picture what options would have been open to us instead.

Quoting M4LG5:

i don't think my husband and I would be together.  Even though where we are is WAY better than when we were first together, it's still a work in progress.  I think I would have been done if I didn't feel the obligation to work it out for the kids. 

Quoting Barabell:

wakymom
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I probably would've gone back to school and gotten a masters in Library Science.

Playitagain
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I would still be a senior partner at my uncles law practice in New York City. I would have a house near my uncles so Dh didn't have to be in Manhatten 24/7 (He never really liked it). I would be helping my uncle through stage 3 stomach cancer everyday rather then when I can travel for a day here and there for major appointments (He basically raised me while my father had mental illnesses). And I would be preparing to take over his place at his firm when he dies (although they haven't said it they've made it clear he wont live to see 2014). At this point, if I didn't have children I may be considering running for a judges slot or city council. My uncle was on it back in the 90s. Very different place then I am now, I am a stay at home mom, 2 biological children, 3 adopted, 2 of those from horrible homelives. My sons teacher was shocked beyond belief when I told her what I used to do. 

My kids are my life now, they are my everything. But I do know where my life would be. Right now I am getting ready to return to school to re up my morticians liceanse. 

hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:20 PM
Somewhere coastal. I have lived in this area for thirteen yrs to make sure my older son's father could never accuse me of being the reason he wasn't close to his son. ( they aren't, btw) but my conscience is clear.

Quoting M4LG5:

I would most likely be in the field that I was in before I moved here (athletics) but probably not in this area. I would have most likely moved to Southern California or another state.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashmac03
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:22 PM

If I never had children I would be living in the city (SF) instead of the suburb that we moved to.  I would have continued with design as my career (instead of being a SAHM).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)