Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

drunk junior high

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:24 PM
  • 5 Replies
My husband called me about an hour after school ends (he is a junior high teacher) and told me he was going to his parents. Well, he called me about 30 minutes later and said as he was leaving he saw a student from his school across the street and then she fell hard face first on the ground. He did a u-turn and helped her along with another boy that saw her. Her face was scraped badly and he saw she was drunk......within a hour of school???? They called 911 and then her parents and, apparently, the mom was fed up with her daughter. She has been having a lot of problems with her. I'm not sure of anything else that is happening but I found it really sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
STKsMomma
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:34 PM
That is terrible! The girl and her mom needs help
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Oh wow. I hope they get some help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmrtigger
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:42 PM

This is nothing new to me. The area I live in it is normal to find kids that young drinking. Most b/c parents don't care and some even allow it.

Barabell
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:08 AM

That is very sad, but I don't find it completely shocking. I remember one or two of my junior high classmates being like that. Some were already using drugs.

My son is in junior high, and he says some classmates talk about smoking. But his friend's sister is the same age and goes to a different junior high, and her classmates talk about smoking pot. The friend's mom was shocked about that, but at least she has a good relationship with her daughter and they talk openly about that kind of stuff. 

wenchmommy381
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:12 AM

That's awful. My tween son sees me have ONE beer or glass of wine, and thinks it's gross. I hope, since the girl's mom can't seem to help her, your husband and the school can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)