Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

my almost 11 year old drama queen

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:14 AM
  • 16 Replies

so the other day my daughter texts me the following:
"mommy my life is not fair"
to which I responded:
"you're too young to have an unfair life"
she later told me the reason she said it was because her step-dad told her she couldn't pick on her 12 year old brother.
luckily I was at the store at the time so she didn't see my reaction cause I seriously LOL'd.

Arguing with a woman is like getting arrested. Everything you say can and will be used against you.

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SheriRenee
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:31 AM

No offence, but is there a question there to answer?

psych_mom
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL. If they only knew real problems at that age, haha. Thanks for sharing and for the laugh- btw, my 10 yo son is a drama king, so I totally get where you are coming from.

wenchmommy381
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Quoting SheriRenee:

We don't always have questions to answer here. Sometimes it's just observations of how tweens can be. =P

Wenchmommy381, International Wenches Guild

"I know that something very strange Is happening to my brain.
I'm either feeling very good Or else I am insane.
The seeds of doubt you planted Have started to grow wild
And I feel that I must yield before The wisdom of a child.
And it's love you bring,
No, that I can't deny
With your wings,
I can learn to fly,
Sweet young thing."
--M Nesmith
supermomz25
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:30 PM

nope, just wanted to share something I found quite amusing. :)

Quoting SheriRenee:

supermomz25
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I know, right?! 

Quoting psych_mom:

LOL. If they only knew real problems at that age, haha. Thanks for sharing and for the laugh- btw, my 10 yo son is a drama king, so I totally get where you are coming from.

wenchmommy381
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:51 PM

In general, though... I don't get why girls have to be drama queens. I never was, and I can't imagine tolerating it in my children (especially my daughter, who can currently scream and cry to get what she wants because she's nearing on three months old). 

My niece, who just turned 4, was doing something she knew she shouldn't be doing because she thought she was going to get away with it. I could tell by the way she was laughing. I called her over and, without yelling at her, explained why she wasn't supposed to do it and that she is not to do it anymore. I brought her to tears... but you'd best be believing that she isn't doing it anymore-- at least not when I'm around.

supermomz25
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:54 PM

I don't either. I wasn't a drama queen when I was little. My daughter usually pulls this stuff with her step-dad. She knows not try with me cause I'm mom...but when I got home I sat her down and told her to knock it off and she did.

Quoting wenchmommy381:

In general, though... I don't get why girls have to be drama queens. I never was, and I can't imagine tolerating it in my children (especially my daughter, who can currently scream and cry to get what she wants because she's nearing on three months old). 

My niece, who just turned 4, was doing something she knew she shouldn't be doing because she thought she was going to get away with it. I could tell by the way she was laughing. I called her over and, without yelling at her, explained why she wasn't supposed to do it and that she is not to do it anymore. I brought her to tears... but you'd best be believing that she isn't doing it anymore-- at least not when I'm around.

wenchmommy381
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I am so thankful I was a teacher before I was a mom. I learned how to avoid this with students that I only had for a short time and translate it into how to deal with my own children.

Quoting supermomz25:

I don't either. I wasn't a drama queen when I was little. My daughter usually pulls this stuff with her step-dad. She knows not try with me cause I'm mom...but when I got home I sat her down and told her to knock it off and she did.

Quoting wenchmommy381:

Wenchmommy381, International Wenches Guild

"I know that something very strange Is happening to my brain.
I'm either feeling very good Or else I am insane.
The seeds of doubt you planted Have started to grow wild
And I feel that I must yield before The wisdom of a child.
And it's love you bring,
No, that I can't deny
With your wings,
I can learn to fly,
Sweet young thing."
--M Nesmith
M4LG5
by Valeri on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:32 PM
I think EVERYONE should be a teacher before having kids. I was a preschool teacher while I was in college and it was very hard but I learned patience, negotiations (haha), and how to handle multiple personalities. Hahaha.

Quoting wenchmommy381:

I am so thankful I was a teacher before I was a mom. I learned how to avoid this with students that I only had for a short time and translate it into how to deal with my own children.

Quoting supermomz25:

Quoting wenchmommy381:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermomz25
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I like that idea. while I wasn't a teacher, I was a long term babysitter. I babysat kids all the way from about 11 or 12 up until I found out I was pregnant with my first child (I was 19). at one point I was taking care of 6 kids alone (I was about 13 at the time. the kids ranged from 18mos to 6 years old. it was a great learning experience. 

Quoting M4LG5:

I think EVERYONE should be a teacher before having kids. I was a preschool teacher while I was in college and it was very hard but I learned patience, negotiations (haha), and how to handle multiple personalities. Hahaha.

Quoting wenchmommy381:

Quoting supermomz25:

Quoting wenchmommy381:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN