Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Not a good way to end the year...

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:00 AM
  • 11 Replies
My 12 year old daughter went to a sleepover New Years Eve party at gymnastics and within 5 mins, she stepped wrong while walking and broke her ankle! The poor thing was in so much pain and was crying hysterically by the time I got back there (I had just pulled in my driveway when I got the call). We went to the ER. They took us in right away. They said it was a small break in the ankle area. She has to wear an air cast for now and we have to follow us with the orthopedic Dr next week. We were only at ER for 2.5 hours. My daughter wanted to go back to the party till midnight. So I brought her back. She was in good spirits and hardly complained of pain. I hope she sleeps ok tonight. I ended us putting the baby monitor in her room in case she needs us tonight. What a heck of a way to end the year!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Poor girl! I hope it doesn't require surgery.

kblpooh
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Luckily no it doesn't. She needs to see orthopedic Dr next week.

Quoting psych_mom:

Poor girl! I hope it doesn't require surgery.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope that the orthopedic doc doesn't recommend surgery.  They are experts in their field and often notice things that the ER doc missed.  If your dd is athletic, please seek out an orthopedic doc who often works with athletes, as they are used to dealing with individuals who need to use their bodies to a greater extent than non-athletes.  My orthopedic doc has a few Super Bowl rings, World Series rings, and Stanley Cup rings in his collection.

kblpooh
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Thanks for the tip! I have several friends who go to the orthopedic clinic in town and will ask them who is the best to go too. The ER Dr said it looked like a fracture and showed us the xray. There didn't seem to be any major breaks. Her swelling has gone down a lot already and she isn't complaining of too much pain, which makes me think she won't need surgery.

Quoting steelcrazy:

I hope that the orthopedic doc doesn't recommend surgery.  They are experts in their field and often notice things that the ER doc missed.  If your dd is athletic, please seek out an orthopedic doc who often works with athletes, as they are used to dealing with individuals who need to use their bodies to a greater extent than non-athletes.  My orthopedic doc has a few Super Bowl rings, World Series rings, and Stanley Cup rings in his collection.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
:(
birdandchicks
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Wow. Maybe 2013 will be a very lucky year for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kblpooh
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:50 PM
I hope so!

Quoting birdandchicks:

Wow. Maybe 2013 will be a very lucky year for her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I'm sorry. That just sucks.

I'm impressed that she wanted to go back to the party. I hope she still had fun.

Morrigan333
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

That stinks! So sorry!

kblpooh
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah she was a real trooper! She been in great spirits, hardly complains and even tries to do things independently so she doesn't have to ask for help.

Quoting Barabell:

I'm sorry. That just sucks.

I'm impressed that she wanted to go back to the party. I hope she still had fun.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)