Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How are your Tweens spending the break?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:43 PM
  • 13 Replies

Our school doesn't start back until 1/8.  (Entirely too late IMO)

They are SO bored.  Today is rainy and cold.  They always say they want to stay at home but are never happy when we do.  Anyway we went rock climbing, roller skating and had a friend over.  Tomorrow dh may take them to an inside pool 

At the moment they are writing a book together.  Lol.  I hope they can make that last for another week.  They are amazed that all their writing only amounts to a couple of pages. 

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by Stacy on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Its been kind of crazy. The boys spent a few days with my mom while dd was at a friend's and dh took me away for my birthday. After that it was cleaning for a couple of days and then Christmas stuff. Since then they've been enjoying their time playing with Christmas gifts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermomz25
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:10 PM

mine are spending the majority of the time playing mindcraft together.

birdandchicks
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Ha. Mine too. When I haven't drug them out of the house. There is only so much video game playing I can take.

Quoting supermomz25:

mine are spending the majority of the time playing mindcraft together.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamavalor
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:10 AM

We've been sick this whole break so they're glad to be heading back to school today.  Playing video games took number one spot as it's our first time owning such a system with ipod use following closely behind. 

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM

My son goes back tomorrow. Besides the holiday activities around Christmas and New Year, he's only played video games and gone to hockey practices. Most of his friends have been too busy with family activities or out of town. I'm glad his break is over tomorrow because he's been playing too many video games. Thank goodness he had quite a bit of ice time!!

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:42 AM

They've been doing a lot of sled riding and playing in the snow.  Playing Legos too.  This morning they are playing Wipe Out on the Wii.

Msgme
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM

They are back at school now  but she spent a majority of the time with her best friend until last friday.  the friend left to go to Bangladesh for a cpl months.  so she's been kinda moping around.  She has an audtion in feb for the middle school she wants so she's been working on that as well.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:15 PM

A lot of hanging out at home, playing w/ friends, playing in the snow, playing w/ friends in the snow. . .

We went to the auto show a few days ago, and ds2 went to a b-day party today. That's about all we've done b/c ds1 has been sick for most of break : (

birdandchicks
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I (sometimes) wish we had snow here.  All we ever get is rain and cold.  What fun is it to go outside in the cold rain?

Quoting wakymom:

A lot of hanging out at home, playing w/ friends, playing in the snow, playing w/ friends in the snow. . .

We went to the auto show a few days ago, and ds2 went to a b-day party today. That's about all we've done b/c ds1 has been sick for most of break : (

wenchmommy381
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:14 PM

My kids are back as of today. I've been trying to get this living room clean, but it's like nailing Jell-O to a tree...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)