Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Share Your Solutions: How to Talk to Your Daughter About Puberty

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:23 PM
  • 5 Replies

Boobs, bras, periods – there's so much to look forward to when you're a preteen (haha)! All joking aside, it's good to be prepared for what's coming your way, so how do you prepare your daughter for what’s going to happen to her body? How did you, or will you handle talking to her about puberty?

Please share your experiences and suggestions here!

To see some of the most helpful answers from CafeMom members on this topic, visit this Advice page: How can I talk to my daughter about changes to her body?   

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
wenchmommy381
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Since my daughter is only 3 months, I can only say that I expect to talk to her the way my mother talked to me. But here's a bump to keep this thread up top. 

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Dd isn't a tween yet (she'll be 7 on the 4th), but I had to have a very basic talk w/ her about periods when she was 4- she followed me into the bathrm during that time of the month and asked me why my pee was red. . .  As she gets older, I'll just build on that.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:18 PM
We've talked about it as it came up. We also used the American Girl book to have more discussions about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:36 AM
We have been talking about puberty since she was four and she walked in on me changing my pad during my period and freaked out. I am just matter of fact about it. Straight forward and no nonsense.
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Quoting TempestRayne:

We have been talking about puberty since she was four and she walked in on me changing my pad during my period and freaked out. I am just matter of fact about it. Straight forward and no nonsense.

Yeah....i feel like that is the best way.  They have seen me changed hundreds of times.  They have asked me about my boobs, my pubic hairs, etc.  I just answer them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)