Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Member - 12 year old Emily is not feeling wanted or taken seriously

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:16 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hello I'm Jenn and I am having issues with my 12 year old beautiful girl who cannot fit in because 1.  Her last name is Gay and 2:  She is very shy and takes things "everythings" to heart..  Right now she cannot stop crying about not fitting in or anyone listening to her. 

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SuperLooneyMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I know a family by the last name Gay and our pastors name is Gaye. There is nothing wrong with the name. It just means your happy. Who ever thinks otherwise has only one thing on their mind and need a education on the actual meaning. Children and adults. That name does not define who she is. Just like me being a Looney doesn't mean I'm crazy or loo loo. It's a name from the isle of Mann.
Anyway there's not much to be done about shyness. Just be her favorite fan and mom as you already are.
Hope it gets better for her
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jenzy231
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Thank you for your response - well taken and that's what I've been telling them ----  glad to know we are on the same page and I'm not going stir crazy!

psych_mom
by Stacy on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Aww, poor girl.I can't give you any better advice than the previous poster.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenzy231
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Just feel so bad for her - crying her heart out - as we all did - tough age to fit in

wenchmommy381
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Are you a single mom? Tell her what it was like growing up for you and how you dealt with it.

If you're married, ask your husband to do the same. 

TempestRayne
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Quoting psych_mom:

Aww, poor girl.I can't give you any better advice than the previous poster.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I'm sorry.

Does she have some interests outside of school where she could meet some friends, like art classes, sports, Girl Scouts or CampFire USA?

mary8801
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I can so relate to your post, my dtr is 11 and she takes everything to heart. She's extremely shy and I homeschool her as well so she feels as though she has no real friends. I feel your pain. Maybe our daughters could become friends. Anyway I know exactly what you're going through as my dtr has one friend who said that she could come over her house and then changed her mind yesterday, so my dtr was crying all last night. It will get better.

coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Being involved in activities like sports, art, dance will help with making friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)