Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Did anyone go to the movies during the holidays?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • 25 Replies

What did you see?

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I saw "This is 40".  I thought it was great.  Pretty funny but the message was so great.

movieq
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I saw The Hobbit with my 12 year old son.  It was enjoyable. 

TempestRayne
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:03 PM
I was supposed to take my oldest to see the hobbit. Didn't happen.
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Quoting movieq:

I have a question for you.  I will totally seem like a dumbbutt but I have never read or watched any of these type of books/movies.  Is the Hobbit somehow related to The Lord of the Rings?

Barabell
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Quoting TempestRayne:

I was supposed to take my oldest to see the hobbit. Didn't happen.

Same here. Since then, I've heard that that movie isn't worth going to the theater to see. So I think we'll just be waiting for the DVD to come out instead now.

TempestRayne
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Really? It was that bad?
Quoting Barabell:

Barabell
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:38 PM

One person told me that fell asleep twice and didn't even feel like they missed anything... The other person told me it was OK, but wished they waited for the DVD.

Quoting TempestRayne:

Really? It was that bad?
Quoting Barabell:

movieq
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting movieq:

I have a question for you.  I will totally seem like a dumbbutt but I have never read or watched any of these type of books/movies.  Is the Hobbit somehow related to The Lord of the Rings?

Yes it the first book in the series.  And I've only seen the last of the Lord of the Rings movies and never read the books.  I have to say though that I'm not thrilled that they are making 3 movies out of such a small book.  My older son is not going to see it in "protest". 

TempestRayne
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Quoting movieq:

Barabell
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Quoting movieq:

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting movieq:

Yes it the first book in the series.  And I've only seen the last of the Lord of the Rings movies and never read the books.  I have to say though that I'm not thrilled that they are making 3 movies out of such a small book.  My older son is not going to see it in "protest". 

They're making The Hobbit into 3 movies? It's only one book, and it's smaller than each of the Lord of The Rings books. That makes NO sense to me.

I really don't want to see it in the theaters now that I know it doesn't really have an end.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)